U.S.-based Companies Rely on Local Talent
- Plethora of flextime, other perks are tying HR chiefs up in knots. Costello, Mary Ann // AHA News;07/24/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 29, p8
Discusses the challenges faced by human resources management executives on recruiting employees amid competition and labor shortage in the United States. Report by the American Society for Healthcare Human Resources Administration on workforce; Requirement for hospitals to enhance employee...
- In the hiring line. Welch, Jilly // People Management;6/26/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p29
Deals with the unpopularity of online hiring among human resources and recruitment professionals in Great Britain. Attributions to the trend; Benefits of the technology; Factors contributing to the slow progress of online recruitment. INSETS: HOW E-SAVVY IS YOUR FIRM?;A MATCH MADE ONLINE.
- UK Seafarers Decline. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Sep2000, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p13
This article reports on the findings of a research study, co-authored by David Glen and James McConville, which found out that the number of people earning their living as sailors in Great Britain is continuing to decline due to inadequate recruitment, which fails to exceed retirement rates. The...
- The worker shortage hits small firms. Sundaramoorthy, Geeta // Business News New Jersey;08/09/99, Vol. 12 Issue 30, p36
Focuses on the strategies used by employers and staffing companies to address the shortage of qualified workers. Includes use of incentives; Innovative methods used by employment agencies for getting clients the workers they need; Factors driving labor shortage.
- GOOD BEHAVIOUR. Paton, Nic // People Management;5/17/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p30
The article discusses issues related to the hiring and employment of former offenders. A new research from the Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development (CIPD) shows that employers still have a long way to go towards recognizing the contribution former offenders to addressing the...
- favouriteblogs. Craig, Tara // Personnel Today;3/31/2009, p5
Several blogs including Advorto's recruitment management solutions blog, human resources blog, and Perfect Labor Storm 2.0 blog are discussed.
- An industry in flux. Sheppard, Guy // Personnel Today;2010 Guide To Employer Branding Sup, p5
The article offers views of several experts on employer branding and its role in shaping of organizations of future. Kaye Thorne, founding partner of the Employer Branding Forum and judge of the 2009 Personnel Today Award says that spreading awareness on employer branding is as challenging today...
- Pressions institutionnelles et acquisition des ressources humaines (RH) : le cas des entreprises gabonaises. Mamboundou, Jean-Paul // Revue des Sciences de Gestion;jul-oct2007, Issue 226/227, p125
The present article intends to contribute to the acquaintance of Gabonese businesses strategies concerning the acquisition of human resources. Based on interviews, it highlights the strategies of Gabonese businesses against the influence of two institutions:? the political power? and? ethnic...
- Indicatorsâ€¦at-a-glance business data. // Personnel Today;2/17/2009, p38
The article presents news briefs related to personnel management. The Monster Employment Index dropped by 30 points in January, 2009 to reach a level of 111, which is the lowest since May 2006. The number of people in employment for the three months to November 2008 was 29.39 million, down...