Advance Crisis Planning Proves Crucial in Atlanta
- Breaking Point. Mayer, Merry // HR Magazine;Oct2001, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p111
Discusses how companies can prevent job stress-induced violence in the workplace. Causes of job stress; Assessment of the effectiveness of employee assistance programs; Ways by which personnel departments can help employees relieve stress. INSET: Causes of Job Stress.
- Preventing Violence at Work. Parent, Jennifer L. // Business NH Magazine;May2011, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p14
The article focuses on strategies that help in the prevention of violence in workplace. According to the author, the establishment of a company-wide misconduct policy helps set standards for acceptable conduct and prevent disruptive behavior. The author adds that companies can use employee...
- Violence in the workplace. Korn, Steven A.; Fox, Hayward M. // Inside Tucson Business;12/2/96 Supplement Executive Wellne, Vol. 6 Issue 36, p18
Presents guidelines on how to prevent violence in the workplace. Definition and forms of workplace violence; Importance of meeting employee's basic needs and cultivating open communication in preventing violence; Identifying employees in need of assistance; Causes of depression; Elements of an...
- Desk Rage. Ashton, Alison // Working Mother;May2001, p20
Discusses ways to defuse frustration in the workplace in order to prevent violence. Screening for aggressive mindsets before hiring an employee; Importance of listening to an upset co-worker; Giving firm commitments to co-workers to minimize their frustration.
- Steps to Take to Avoid Workplace Violence. Wright, Teresa Burke // Credit Union Magazine;Jan2000, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p40
Gives advice on how to avoid violence in the workplace. How to check the background of candidates for employment; Adoption and enforcement of zero-tolerance policy; Preparation of a security plan.
- Bulletproof Practices. Grossman, Robert J. // HR Magazine;Nov2002, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p34
Discusses ways to prevent workplace violence in the U.S. Examples of workplace violence; Role of employers and human resource professional in preventing workplace violence; Information on the anti-violence zero tolerance policy in the country; Signs of possible workplace violence. INSETS:...
- Someone to Listen. Hirschman, Carolyn; Mirza, Patrick; Shea, Terence F. // HR Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p46
Focuses on the importance of setup and communication to the role of organizational ombudsmen who offer employees a confidential, discreet way to handle employees' problems. Advantages of ombudsmen to human resource professionals; Factors that prompt the growth of ombudsmen; Role of an...
- Talon: Premier Security Services. // Orange County Business Journal;7/30/2001-8/5/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p71
Provides tips on how managers and supervisors can detect aberrant and dysfunctional behavior indicative of a propensity for violence among employees. Strategies to protect against workplace violence; Characteristics of employees with violent tendencies.
- AHHRM Conference. // People Management;9/30/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p14
Presents news briefs on the Association of Healthcare Human Resources Management (AHHRM). Campaign for anti-violence in workplaces; Views on human resources by Hugh Taylor, president of AHHRM.