- Workforce Developments. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Jan2009, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p60
The article reviews the web site Workforce Developments blog.
- RANK AND FILE. Relph-Knight, Lynda // Design Week;4/22/2004 Supplement, Vol. 19, p49
Focuses on the labor supply of design consultancy groups in Great Britain. Identification of companies with largest increase in staffing levels; Rate of staff turnover in the 15 top-staffed design groups; Increase of Web site projects.
- The best workers are in the Commonwealth. // Disclosures;May/Jun2015, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p8
The article offers information on the statistics provided by the Council on Virginia's Future on the Virginia Performs website concerning educated and productive workforces from the Virginia.
- Harness the power of the Internet to address the labor crisis. Elliott, Ted // Managed Healthcare Executive;Apr2001, Vol. 11 Issue 4
Focuses on the efficacy of web sites in solving labor crisis in the United States. Provision of efficient and cost-effective recruitment; Generation of greater options for qualified applicants; Elimination of laborious and time-intensive human resource tasks.
- Machinist jobs are going unfilled. // American Machinist;Apr2006, Vol. 150 Issue 4, p96
Focuses on the lack of skilled machinists in the U.S. discussed at the Web site www.practicalmachinist.com in March 2006. Several factors attributed to the shortage; Comments from young machinists on wage issues.
- on the web. // Workforce Management;Aug2011, Vol. 90 Issue 8, p4
The article offers information on content available on the web site of the periodical including one on solving workforce issues, and one by blogger Stephen M. Raskoff on ethical aspects of workplace.
- Nurturing Global Workplace Connections. Marks, Susan J. // Workforce (10928332);Sep2001, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p76
Focuses on the ways companies manage their spread-out workforces in the United States. Use of web sites in creating a sense of connection and helping distant employees exchange information; Difficulties in maintaining a teamwork among spread-out employees; Importance of communication in...
- State's jobs Web site helps companies keep eye on the competition. FITZGERALD, BETH // njbiz;4/20/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p5
The article reports on the role of the Web site of the State Department of Labor and Workforce Development in tracking worker shortages in New Jersey. The Real Time Jobs in Demand feature of the site links to lists of occupations with worker shortages, sorted by the level of education required....
- on the web. // Workforce Management;Dec2011, Vol. 90 Issue 12, p4
The article reviews the web site www.Workforce.com.
- Strong agricultural roots. Moore, Mark // Farm Industry News;May2012, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p18
The article focuses on BASF, a chemical facility in Ludwigshafen, Germany that employs more than 33,000 of its overall workforce of over 110,000. BASF develops and markets products in 25 industries listed on the company's web site. BASF is said to be a well-known brand in the agricultural...