A role for thrombin in liver fibrosis
- A role thrombin in liver fibrosis. Duplantier, J. Gillibert; Dubuisson, L.; Senant, N.; Freyburger, G.; Laurendeau, I.; Herbert, J-M.; Desmoulière, A.; Rosenbaum, J. // Gut;Dec2004, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p1682
Background/Aim: Several lines of evidence incriminate the serine proteinase thrombin in liver fibrogenesis either through its procoagulant function or its signaling via cell-surface receptors. The aim of this study was therefore to evaluate the effect of thrombin inhibition on experimental liver...
- Thrombin-stimulated expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) involves p22phox and p38 MAP kinase phosphorylation in human smooth muscle cells. // Pflugers Archiv European Journal of Physiology;Apr2000 Supplement, Vol. 439, pR318
An abstract of the article "Thrombin-stimulated expression of monocyte chemoattractant protin-1 (MCP-1) involves p22phox and p38 MAP kinase phosphorylation in human smooth muscle cells" is presented. The paper investigates whether thrombin can induce the generation of reactive oxygen species in...
- Increased immunoreactivities against endothelin-converting enzyme-1 and monocyte chemotactic protein-1 in hepatic stellate cells of rat fibrous liver induced by thioacetamide. Nagata, Takahisa; Kudo, Hideaki; Nishino, Tomoko; Doi, Yoshiaki; Itoh, Hideaki; Fujimoto, Sunao // Medical Molecular Morphology;Sep2005, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p161
The progression of rat liver fibrosis induced by intraperitoneal administration of thioacetamide (TAA) was evaluated by immunocytochemistry using anti-Î±-smooth muscle actin (Î±-SMA), antiendothelin-converting enzyme (ECE)-1, and anti-monocyte chemotactic protein (MCP)-1 antibodies. The...
- Role of the thrombin receptor in development and evidence for a second receptor. Connolly, Andrew J.; Ishihara, Hiroaki // Nature;6/6/1996, Vol. 381 Issue 6582, p516
Presents a study on the role of the thrombin receptor in embryology. Defining the roles of cloned thrombin receptor in vivo; Function of coagulation proteases;Discovery of a second platelet thrombin receptor; Correlation between mice embryo deaths and thrombin receptors.
- Angiotensin receptor blockers are superior to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors in the suppression of hepatic fibrosis in a bile duct-ligated rat model. Kim, Moon; Baik, Soon; Park, Dong; Jang, Yoon; Suk, Ki; Yea, Chang; Lee, Il; Kim, Jae; Kim, Hyun; Kwon, Sang; Cho, Mi; Ko, Sang; Chang, Sei; Um, Soon; Han, Kwang-Hyub // Journal of Gastroenterology;2008, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p889
Angiotensin blockade such as with an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) or angiotensinconverting enzyme inhibitor (ACEI) has antifibrotic properties. The aim of this study was to evaluate and compare the antifibrotic effect between ARBs and ACEIs. Common bile duct-ligated (BDL) adult...
- Treatment of Inadvertent Pericardial Placement of a Tunneled Dialysis Catheter by Direct Thrombin Injection. Costantino, Mary Marcelle; Barton, Robert; Slater, Matthew; McAnulty Jr., John H.; Keller, Frederick S. // CardioVascular & Interventional Radiology;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p675
An inadvertent case of pericardial placement of a central venous catheter was successfully treated by direct thrombin injection.
- THE INFLUENCE OF STORAGE ON THE COAGULATION FACTORS OF HUMAN PLASMA. Fantl, P.; Nance, Margaret H. // Australian Journal of Experimental Biology & Medical Science;May1948, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p207
The factors responsible for the decline in coagulability of stored human plasma are: firstly, an increase of thrombin inhibitors, and secondly, a gradual loss of prothrombin accelerator, a process which is complete after four weeks at 20Â°C. A much smaller loss of prothrombin occurs during...
- THROMBIN COMPONENTS IN BLOOD COAGULATION. Lyons, R. N. // Australian Journal of Experimental Biology & Medical Science;Sep1951, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p383
Two components of thrombin have been isolated and their mode of action described. Both these components appear to derive from prothrombin, and not from other accessory factors associated with coagulation.
- We read. Ellis, Peter K.; Kennedy, Peter T.; Collins, Anton J. // CardioVascular & Interventional Radiology;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p854
Evaluates the case report of Kasthuri concerning the percutaneous ultrasound-guided thrombin injection of edoleaks. Claim of the author that the thrombin injection technique is new to them; Recurrence of type 2 endoleak.