Tor Books Remains Steady in 2006 Despite No New Jordan Titles
- Tor Web Quest Connects the Dots. Maas, John-Michael // Publishers Weekly;7/18/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 28, p18
Focuses on the marketing strategies of Tor Books to promote the book "Knife Of Dreams," by Robert Jordan to be released on October 11, 2005. Utilization of fan sites, along with Jordan's audio and graphic novel publishers; Creation of Web pages that will be used for an online treasure hunt;...
- For Tor, a Harold Robbins legacy. J.Q. // Publishers Weekly;12/15/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 51, p20
Reports that Harold Robbins's last novel `The Predators,' will be published by Tor Books in May 1998. How Tor will also publish the novel `Paris Never Leaves You,' by Adreana Robbins, Harold's daughter.
- NEW SPRING: A WHEEL OF TIME PREQUEL NOVEL. Guran, Paula // Cinefantastique;Apr/May2004, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p64
The article reviews the book "New Spring: A Wheel of Time Prequel Novel," by Robert Jordan.
- The Great Hunt (Book). Cassada, Jackie // Library Journal;11/15/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 20, p95
Reviews the book "The Great Hunt," by Robert Jordan.
- UMBA Tightens Its Show. Zeller, Brad // Publishers Weekly;10/14/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 41, p22
Reports on the annual Upper Midwest Booksellers Association trade show which was held in Saint Paul, Minnesota from September 27 to 29, 2002. Number of booksellers, publishers and authors who attended the trade show; Books that caught the interest of attendees.
- Publishing firm refines its focus. Agostinelli, Elizabeth A. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/10/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p37
Reports on the revitalization effort of Indianapolis-based Sams Technical Publishing by focusing on a new line of books centers on consumer-electronics and automotive technology. History of the publishing company; Action taken by the publishing company to both publish and redistribute other...
- A RETURNS-FREE WORLD. Maurer, Rolf // Quill & Quire;Mar1997, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the system of returning unsold books by booksellers to publishers in Canada. Problem with the system; Origin of the system of return; Impact of the non-returnable process on the publishers; Expensive nature of the current consignment system in bookselling; Benefits that the book...
- The battle of the knuckleheads. Bellafante, Ginia // Time;10/5/1998, Vol. 152 Issue 14, p72
Discusses the competition between the For Dummies series and the Idiot's Guide series of books as of September 1998. Number of titles for each; 1997 revenue; Top seller; Upcoming titles; When the Dummies series was launched; The differences in both series.
- Modelling Competition in the Textbook Market: Some Lessons still to Learn. Jiménez, Juan Luis; Campos, Javier // Journal of Industry, Competition & Trade;Mar2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p71
Many European governments still advocate a so-called â€˜cultural exceptionâ€™, intended to protect consumers and smaller bookshops, to keep their book markets isolated from competition. Other countries, with similar aims in mind, have chosen liberalization schemes instead. To reconcile...