Houghton Mifflin Begins Shopping An IPO
- Houghton Issues Bond. // High Yield Report;10/6/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the status of the leveraged buyout of Houghton Mifflin Co. by equity partners Thomas H. Lee Partners LP, Bain Capital Inc. and Blackstone Group Inc. as of October 2003.
- Lee, Bain Close in on HM. // Publishers Weekly;11/11/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 45, p9
Provides information on an agreement reached by Thomas H. Lee and Bain Capital to acquire Houghton Mifflin as of November 2002. Withdrawal of Blackstone Group and Apax Partners from the bidding.
- Houghton Mifflin Weathers Ownership Changes. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/16/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 24, p10
Reports on the increased revenue of publisher Houghton Mifflin between 2000 and 2002. Impact of the sale of the company to Vivendi, Bain Capital and Thomas H. Lee on profit; Segments in which the company is operating; Details of the company's sales in various segments.
- Closing the book on Viacom pubs. Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;1/17/2005, Vol. 397 Issue 9, p6
Reports on acquisitions and mergers in the entertainment publishing industry in the U.S. Plan of Sumner Redstone of Viacom to acquire Simon & Schuster and Paramount Parks; Decision of Warner Music to sell Warner Books to Random House; Details of the purchase of Houghton-Mifflin by Thomas H. Lee...
- The flip: How it happened. // Orange County Business Journal;08/25/97, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p17
Reports that TRW Incorporated, based maker of automotive and aerospace parts has sold a percentage of its TRW Information Services to an investor group headed by a couple of Boston based investment banking firms, Thomas H. Lee Company and Bain Capital Incorporated. What was the result of the...
- Equity Houses Eye Tyco Units. // Bank Loan Report;3/25/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p2
Announces the bid of private equity firms Bain Capital, Blackstone Group and Thomas H. Lee for Tyco Plastics and CIT Capital units of Tyco in 2002. Amount of money paid by Tyco for CIT; Rumor on the bid of GE Capital for CIT.
- School Specialty LBO Cancelled. K. K. // Bank Loan Report;10/31/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p3
Reports on the cancellation of the proposed leveraged buyout of School Specialty Inc. by Bain Capital Inc. and Thomas H. Lee Partners in the U.S.
- AUCTION ACTION. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;11/17/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 35, p1
The article reports on the buyout of Clear Channel Communications Inc. by Thomas H. Lee Co. and Bain Capital Inc. in New York City. It provides details on the terms of the acquisition agreement as well as the factors motivating Clear Channel's management on the move. In addition, the article...
- Clear hears a higher bid. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;4/19/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 13, p5
The article reports that Bain Capital Partners and Thomas H. Lee Partners have raised their bid to purchase Clear Channel. The two equity firms have bumped their offer to $19.35 billion as well as the assumption of almost $8 billion in debt. Clear Channel shareholders are expected to vote on the...