Kids with guns riddle the NRA
- Maryland, Massachusetts enact tough gun measures. // Nation's Health;May2000, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p9
Reports on the move of Massachusetts and Maryland states to enact gun control bills. Highlights on the bills; Appeal of the two states to the United States Congress to enact similar bill; Presence of President Bill Clinton in the signing of the bill in Maryland.
- Flawed marking. Helsdon, Jeff // Ontario Out of Doors;Sep2007, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p14
The article discusses the drawbacks of Canadian Bill C10A that requires all imported firearms to be marked with the letters CA and the year of import. The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters are fighting the legislation as they believe it is a disaster for gun owners, and manufacturers and...
- Federalism Under the Gun. Healy, Gene; Levy, Robert A. // Human Rights;Fall2002, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p23
This article focuses on the stand taken by the gun rights supporters in the U.S. Gun rights supporters in the U.S. Congress are engaged in a dubious trade-off: to save the Second Amendment, they have decided to undermine the Tenth. For two years running, the Congress has appropriated funds for...
- Gun Stalemate: Amendments Sink S.659. Miniter, Frank // Outdoor Life;May2004, Vol. 211 Issue 4, p19
Discusses the support given by U.S. senators to Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, a bill designed to stop junk lawsuits aimed at manufacturers of firearms and ammunition. Number of U.S. senators who showed support for the bill; Information on how the bill delimits civil liabilities of...
- Taxpayer's Push for End of Registry. Helsdon, Jeff // Ontario Out of Doors;Mar2010, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p14
The article focuses on the efforts of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation for sanctioning of Bill C-391, a legislative bill that proposes to end the long-gun registry in Canada.
- COPS AND YOUR GUNS: KNOW YOUR RIGHTS. HELSDON, JEFF // Ontario Out of Doors;May2011, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p44
The article presents information on several laws related to firearms in Canada including the 1990 Firearms Act (FA), the Ammunition Regulation Act (ARA), and the Bill C-391, which would end long-gun registry.
- Majority against new gun law. // Ontario Out of Doors;Feb2001, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p5
Reports the compliance of the public on the federal Liberals Bill 6-28, which suggests federal gun registration and licensing law. Reason for the lack of compliance; Effect of the bill on native treaty agreement; Penalty in possessing firearm without a license.
- Liberal, conservative Dems fight over D.C. gun bill -- NRA legislation is likely to get floor vote. Soraghan, Mike // Hill;9/10/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 102, p6
The article reports on the battle between the Liberal and conservative Democrats on the D.C. gun bill which is designed to satisfy the National Rifle Association.
- More Gun Marking Delays. Helsdon, Jeff // Ontario Out of Doors;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p17
The article reports on the delay of the Canadian federal regulations that would require unique markings on all guns entering the country and would add as much as $200 to the price of a firearm.