Olefins climb while aromatics fall
- Benzene spot prices spiral down. // European Chemical News;5/5/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2051, p13
Presents an update on prices of several chemical products as of May 2003. Decline in naptha prices; Status of butadiene spot numbers; Stability of xylenes; Market activity of orthoxylene.
- Lower demand sees benzene cool. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;9/13/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2115, p14
Presents an update on bulk chemical prices in Europe as of September 2004. Naphtha; Butadiene; Mixed xylene.
- Naphtha prices begin to slide. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;4/4/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2141, p12
Presents updates on several chemical markets in Europe in the first quarter of 2005. Decline in naphta prices; Range price of butadiene; Factors that have brought uncertainty into the mixed xylene market.
- US demand is there but few vessels. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;10/17/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2167, p29
Focuses on the price trends in the European chemical industry as of October 2005. Reason behind the increase in price of naphtha; Decline in price of butadiene; Stability of the price of mixed xylene. INSET: STRONG DERIVATIVE DEMAND PUSHES UP THE MARKET.
- Benzene slips after nervous peak. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;8/2/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2111, p12
Presents an update on the prices of several bulk chemicals in the market as of July 2004. Naphtha; Ethylene; Butadiene; Benzene; Orthoxylene.
- Benzene slides on back of crude. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;7/5/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2107, p13
Presents information on the contract prices for bulk chemicals in the European chemical industry as of July 2004. Decline in naphtha prices; Status of butadiene spot prices; Increase in prices for mixed xylene products.
- Prices quieten down after steep rises. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;10/24/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2168, p34
This article reports on chemical prices as of October 2005. Naphtha prices slipped to $535-545/ton, while ethylene prices remained relatively stable at $1,350-1,370/ton. Propylene spot prices declined to â‚¬890-910/ton for polymer grade material. Butadiene remained stable at...
- MTBE yanked up by gasoline high. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;5/10/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2099, p14
Provides an update on the prices of chemicals in Europe as of May 10-16, 2004. Naphtha; Ethylene; Propylene; Butadiene; Benzene; Toluene; Mixed xylene.
- Aromatics climb on high energy. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/6/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p40
The article looks at the market performance of chemicals as of February 6, 2006. European naphtha rose slightly at the start of the week. In Asia, naphtha prices were $5 per ton. European butadiene is balanced but business is quiet. Deals are reported around $830 per ton levels. Asian toluene...