- Dow wins Da Vinci Award. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;May2014, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p80
The article announces that Dow Chemical Co.'s Jaipur Food Initiative corporate citizenship program received the 2014 Da Vinci Award in the prosthetics, orthrotics, controls category.
- THE LAWRENCE SUMMERS MEMORIAL AWARD. // Multinational Monitor;Dec2003, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p8
Presents information on Dow Chemical Co., winner of the December 2003 Lawrence Summers Memorial Award. Details of a terrorist drill conducted by the company at its facility in Piscataway, New Jersey.
- KUDOS: Dow Chemical. // Chem.info;Jun2007, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p7
The article reports on the selection of Dow Chemical Co. of Midland, Michigan as the winner of an American Chemistry Council Responsible Care Energy Efficiency Award.
- CSX Honors Dow with Chemical Safety Award. // Chemical Business;Apr2013, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p75
This article announces that the Dow Chemical Co. received the 2012 Chemical Safety Excellence Award from U.S. railroad company CSX.
- Time to embrace social responsibility. // European Chemical News;7/5/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2107, p5
Expresses opinion on issues related to the regulatory approach for the implementation of corporate social responsibility (CSR) within the chemical industry in Europe. Outcome of a stakeholder forum organized by the European Commission to examine the implementation of the European Union (EU)...
- technology & environment. // Chemical Week;10/4/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 37, p36
Presents update on the chemical industry as of October 4, 2000. Technique developed by Japanese and Indian researchers for extracting rare earth metals from their constituent mineral mixtures; Award donated by the United States Environmental Protection Agency to Dow Chemical; Actions taken by a...
- Global concerns rise over GM rice. Uhland, Vicky // Natural Foods Merchandiser;Dec2006, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p13
The article reports on the unauthorized strain of genetically modified (GM) rice in certain U.S. rice crops, which has created problems on U.S. rice exports. India is the latest country to protest GM rice after a nonregulated GM protein developed by Bayer CropScience Ltd. and planted in U.S....
- EU tightens its food borders. Wright, Richard // Irish Farmers Monthly;Nov2006, p21
The article reports that the European Commission (EC) will establish tougher controls on imports, following the emergence of rice contaminated with genetically modified varieties in the European Union. EC said that the first consignment came from the U.S., where contamination is believed to have...
- CONTAMINATED RICE TRIGGERS SAFETY FEARS. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;9/25/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 11, p13
The article focuses on the safety of rice that was produced in the United States and exported to the EU. Recently, the European Commission(EC) reported a 20% contamination in the European rice with an unauthorized genetically modified(GM) rice strain, Bayer CropScience's LL601. The GMO panel of...