- breaking news Roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/14/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 13, p3
Reports global developments in the chemical industry as of October 2002. Consolidation of the manufacturing operations of Eastmen Chemical Co.; Opening of the specialty silicone intermediate plant of Dow Corning; Declaration of force majeure by Cognis Corp. for its surfactant production.
- BRIEFING. // ICIS Chemical Business;5/20/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 17, p6
The article offers world news brief as of May 20, 2013. Polyethylene (PE) producer Chevron Phillips Chemical Co. LP (CP-Chem) has declared force majeure due to a reported loss of power and steam at its Sweeny cracker in Texas. Germany-based chemicals producer Lanxess AG has opened a production...
- ACN drops as FM ends. PARMAR, AMANDEEP // ICIS Chemical Business;5/30/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 19, p21
The article reports on the lifting of the force majeure (FM) on Ineos Group Ltd. acrylonitrile (ACN) plant in Cologne, Germany resulting in the decrease in spot prices of acrylonitrile.
- basic chemicals & plastics. // Chemical Week;2/14/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 6, p25
This article presents news briefs related to the chemical industry. Equistar Chemical and Texas Petrochemical have separately declared force majeure on butadiene. Tongsuh Petrochemical, a subsidiary of Asahi Kasei Chemicals, has begun commercial operations of the first propane-based...
- NOVA EXTENDS FORCE MAJEURE ON ONTARIO SITE. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/5/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 19, p5
The article reports on Nova Chemicals Corp.'s extension of its force majeure on its manufacturing facilities in Corunna and Sarnia, Ontario to around mid- or late December 2005, due to further delays in the start-up of the Corunna ethylene flexi-cracker caused by installed compressor trains. The...
- DIGEST. // Chemical Week;8/16/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 19, p27
This section offers news briefs in the chemical industry, including the planned expansion of Ashland Aqualon Functional Ingredients' hydroxypropylcellulose capacity at its plant in Hopewell, Virginia, the start of operations by W. R. Grace at its Chongqing, China, and the lifting by BASF of its...
- Olefins under pressure. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;10/17/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2167, p12
Presents information on ethylene spot and contract prices in the European market as of October 2005. Increase in prices of ethylene from September to October; Declarations of force majeure at several production sites in Europe that was attributed to the increase in ethylene prices; Impact of...
- Tight supplies force EO prices up. // European Chemical News;2/24/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2041, p10
Forecasts the rise in European ethylene oxide (EO) prices, following unscheduled plant outages as of March 2, 2003. Declaration of force majeure by some companies; Plan of actions of EO producers.
- markets & economies. Cage, Sam; Sim, Peck Hwee; Moore, Stephen // Chemical Week;9/26/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 36, p33
Presents news briefs on the market status of chemical companies as of September 26, 2001. Increase in the prices of polyolefins; Reason for the declaration of force majeure on polypropylene by Equistar Chemicals and Diamond Koch; Increase in the spot prices of styrene.