Paraxylene reachs top of curve
- Unsettled Mixed Xylenes Creates Uncertainties. // Chemical Market Reporter;08/23/99, Vol. 256 Issue 8, p21
Reports on the status of mixed xylenes contracts as of August 23, 1999. Factors for holding off the contracts; Status of the xylene market; Attitude of xylene producers and consumers.
- MARKETS. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;11/14/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 42, p17
Reports the decline of para-xylene spot prices in Europe as of November 14, 2001. Factors which led to the price decline.
- MARKETS. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;1/2/2001, Vol. 164 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the decline in prices of para-xylene and ortho-xylene contracts in Europe for the first quarter of fiscal 2002. Forecast on the decline in prices of other aromatics contracts; Factors which contributed to the decline in prices.
- Rising Feedstocks Drive Up U.S. Prices. McElligott, Suzanne // Chemical Week;3/20/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 12, p45
Reports on the price increase of aromatics as of March 20, 2002. Factors that influenced the increase; Spot prices of xylenes.
- Renal Toxicity of Xylene. Elzinga, Lawrence W. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;4/21/89, Vol. 261 Issue 15, p2258
Answers queries on the renal toxicity of xylene. Composition of xylene; Renal toxic reaction observed in workers exposed to xylene and related organic solvents;.
- PARA-XYLENE. // Chemical Week;3/21/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 10, p46
The article presents an outlook on para-xylene prices in the U.S., Europe and the Asia/Pacific. According to Gillian Tweddle of Tecnon OrbiChem, the U.S. ban on methyl tert-butyl ether as a gasoline oxygenate, as well as supply and delivery limitations on ethanol, have increased demand for...
- Paraxylene plunges. // Asian Chemical News;5/5/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 400, p29
Presents updates on the aromatic compounds market in Asia as of May 5, 2003. Reason behind the continued drop in paraxylene prices; Price offers for mixed xylenes; Effect of the severe acute respiratory syndrome scare on the demand for phenol.
- Wide band-gap hydrogenated amorphous silicon carbide prepared from a liquid aromatic carbon source. Nevin, W. A.; Yamagishi, H.; Tawada, Y. // Journal of Applied Physics;11/15/1992, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p4989
Presents information on a study which prepared hydrogenated amorphous silicon carbide from an aromatic carbon source by utilizing the aromatic molecule xylene. Significance of hydrogenated amorphous silicon carbide in optoelectronic applications; Methodology of the study; Results and discussion.
- Low Inventories Lift Pricing. McElligott, Suzanne // Chemical Week;3/15/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 11, p34
Offers a look at the prices of aromatics in relation to refinery outages in the United States. Prices of benzene for the month of March and April 2000; Demand and supply of mixed xylenes in the country.