Huntsman ups TiO2 for market share
- Huntsman confirms TiO2 capacity cuts in Europe. // Chemical Week;2/16/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 5, p5
The article reports on the reduction of chemical products manufacturer Huntsman Corp. of its titanium dioxide production capacity in Europe, driven by deteriorating market conditions.
- Huntsman ponders closure of TiO2 capacity in Europe. // Chemical Week;12/22/2014, Vol. 176, p46
The article reports that Huntsman, the second-largest producer of titanium dioxide (TiO2, confirmed plans to close capacity in Europe due to the softness of the market.
- Huntsman ponders closure of TiO2 capacity in Europe. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;12/22/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 32, p15
The article reports on the statement from chief financial officer (CFO) Kimo Esplin of titanium dioxide (TiO2) producer Huntsman regarding its plan to shut down one of its facility in Europe.
- Independent Titanium Dioxide Pigment price forecast solid profit and demand rebound in 2010 and 2011. // Paintindia;Oct2010, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p132
The article presents a forecast of the performance of the titanium dioxide pigment industry for 2010 and 2011. In most regions of the world, the prices of titanium dioxide pigment are rapidly increasing. Although leading manufacturers have not announced new plant expansions, TZMI believes that...
- Tronox Decides to Keep German Pigment Plant. Coons, Rebecca // Chemical Week;10/3/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 32, p33
The article reports on the decision of Tronox to retain its titanium dioxide (TiO2) sulfate-process plant in Uerdingen, Germany. The company first said that the plant does not fit its strategy of focusing on its chloride-process TiO2 business. It is said that the plant produces high-purity,...
- DuPont to Expand Titanium Dioxide Capabilities. // CoatingsTech;Jul2011, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p14
The article reports that DuPont Titanium Technologies will carry out a comprehensive titanium dioxide expansion plan which is expected to strengthen the company's capability to meet the rise in customer demand and add an estimated 350,000 metric tons of global capacity.
- Where and when?... Richardson, John // Asian Chemical News;8/25/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 413, p14
Focuses on the problems facing Hunstman Tioxide as it evaluates China, Great Britain and Malaysia for its next greenfield titanium dioxide plant as of August 2003. Purpose of the move; Problem with setting a target date for the construction of the plant; Factors behind the company's lack of...
- Hunstman Tioxide Mulls Investments/ Icon Technology Targets Smaller Brownfield Units. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;12/11/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 48, p49
Presents information on the opening of an Icon chloride process-based titanium dioxide plant of Huntsman Tioxide in Greatham, England. Background on the production capacity of the plant; Prices of the titanium dioxide products of the company; Details on the capacity utilization of the company.
- Millennium Plans China TiO[sub 2] Plant; VAM Project Faces Delays. YOUNG, IAN // Chemical Week;2/24/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 7, p17
Announces the plans of Millennium Chemicals to build a titanium dioxide plant in China. Other alternative if the China project does not materialize; Delay on the plans to build a vinyl acetate monomer (VAM) plant in Asia; Possible sites for the VAM project.