ChinaCoal mulls Mongolia DME
- Chinese Mining Firm to Acquire, Upgrade Coal-to-Chemicals Plant. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;8/30/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 29, p17
This article states that China National Coal Group (CNCG) based in Beijing has agreed to acquire a coal-to-methanol plant at Harbin, China and plans to upgrade the facility to produce ethylene and propylene, according to a report in the China Daily. The project will be based on Chinese...
- China's Energy Enterprises to Build Coal Chemical Project Partnering with Thai Firm. // China Chemical Reporter;6/6/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p23
The article reports on the plan of China National Coal Group Corp. and Shaanxi Yanchang Petroleum Group Co. Ltd. to build a coal based chemical joint venture plant partnering with X. N. Y. I. Group Co. Ltd. in Shaanxi province, China. It states that in the 40: 30; 30 joint venture plant, the...
- China Coal Group to Build Coal Chemical Plant in Xinjiang. // China Chemical Reporter;4/26/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p11
The article focuses on an agreement entered by China National Coal Group Corp. (China Coal Group) with Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region Government for developing coal resources in the Xinjiang Uygur region in China. It cites that China Coal Group intends to invest roughly Renminbi (RMB)100...
- Mexico Investigates MTBE Plant Payments. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;7/24/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 29, p10
Reports on the investigation made by Mexican lawmakers on allegations that Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex) paid money for construction of a methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) plant that was never built. Amount paid by Pemex for the construction of the MTBE plant; Companies that originally planned for...
- THE RACE THAT'S FUELLING THE COAL MARKET. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;5/21/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 67, p13
The article reports on the increased demand for coal as a feedstock for methanol plants in China. Methanol, and its derivative dimethyl ether (DME), is considered the fuel of choice to meet China's enormous energy appetite. Both methanol and DME have government support. That is why new project...
- Hi-Bis begins work on unit. // European Chemical News;5/5/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2051, p30
Reports that the His-Bis joint venture began constructing its speciality bisphenol plant at Bitterfeld-Wolfen Chemical Park in Germany. Information on the joint venture.
- Fluorine Chemical Industrial Base in Fuxin, Liaoning Province. // China Chemical Reporter;5/21/2012, Issue 10, p14
The article offers information on a framework agreement signed between Fuxin Municipal Government of Liaoning Province with Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry (SIOC), Chinese Academy of Sciences, to build a new fluorine chemical industrial base in Fuxin, China.
- SK Fires Up CHDM Plant. // Chemical Week;9/18/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 36, p38
Presents an update on the plant built by SK NUC and Mitsubishi Corporation at Ulsan, Korea, to produce the polyester modifier dimethyl cyclohexanedimethanol (CHDM), as of September 2002. Expected CHDM sales for 2002; Production capacity of the plant.
- Oman to Select PP Partner, Plans Fertilizer Complex. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;5/30/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 22, p16
Reports that the government of Oman will select a joint venture partner for a polypropylene (PP) plant project at Sohar. Possible partners of the country; Description of the plant; Plans for the entire output of the plant.