- Bio-diesel plant sought here. // Journal of Business (10756124);11/21/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 24, pA2
Reports that the Spokane County Conservation District in Washington and others are working to bring a bio-diesel processing plant to the county by 2003. Alternative to diesel fuel; Components of bio-diesel.
- State's first commercial biodiesel plant opens in Nashua. Brooks, David // New Hampshire Business Review;1/2/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on the opening of the first commercial biodiesel plant in Nashua, New Hampshire. The facility has one huge advantage over snazzier alternative-energy ideas. It is averred that the refinery uses well-established technology and seems small enough to sidestep the credit crunch....
- Petroleum Sector Stays a Crude Business. Moore, Samuel K. // Chemical Week;3/15/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 11, p41
Offers a look at the refinery and petrochemical catalyst business in the United States for 2000. Brief review of the industry's activity for 1999; How catalyst companies have responded to refinery margin pressure and the outsourcing demands of the customers; Comments from James Martin, group...
- China limits petrochemical, refining expansions. // Chemical Business;Aug97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p60
States that China is setting limits on petrochemical plant and oil refinery building for the remaining years of the 20th century. Details on this limitation set by China.
- Delays or Cancellations May Emerge in Saudi Petrochemicals Projects. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/13/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 19, p6
Reports on a possible delay in the construction of petrochemical complexes in Saudi Arabia due to difficulties in the negotiations between Saudi Arabia and Western oil companies, as of May 2002. Background on the problems in the negotiations related to petrochemical projects in Saudi Arabia;...
- Direct Fuels roils out biodiesel. Dillard, Betty // Fort Worth Business Press;4/28/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p4
The article reports on the opening of a biodiesel fuel production facility in Euless, Texas by Direct Fuels, which is North Texas' largest independent fuel distributor. This facility is located at Direct Fuels' refinery in Euless, Texas. It is mentioned that as part of its biodiesel operation,...
- ROMANIA. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;9/6/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 33, p15
Reports that the State Ownership Fund of Bucharest, Romania, has put its stake in Petromidia back up for sale in 2000. Deadline for submission of bids; Capacity of the oil refinery and petrochemical complex of Petromidia; Reasons for the collapse of the sale of the stake to Akmaya Samsi ve Ticaret.
- Egypt looks at building $9bn integrated refinery. CRISP, WIL // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/11/2015, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that the Investment Ministry of Egypt considers constructing a $9 billion (bn) refinery with an integrated petrochemicals facility in Cairo under the scheme Egyptian Petro-refinery Project.
- Investment in refineries boon or bane? // Chemical Business;May2006, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p3
Comments on the revival of investments in grass root refineries in India. Concerns on the future profitability of grass root refineries; Additions to refining capacity in India; Growth in various sectors of the chemical industry in the year 2005 to 2006.