End of the line for China's polyester?
- Garment exports dip 14.7% in December. // Colourage;Feb2005, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p152
Garment exports in India declined 20.25 percent in terms of quantity and 14.71 percent in terms of value in December 2004. Exports to quota countries stood at 76.4 million pieces valued at 349 million dollars as against 95.8 million pieces at 409.2 million dollars in December 2003. Ready-made...
- China scores over India in exports to EU. // Colourage;Jun2006, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p130
The article reports that the Chinese clothing exports to the European Union surpasses India.
- Vietnam's apparel exports stagnate. // Indian Textile Journal;May2005, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p97
This article reports on the condition of the apparel exports in Vietnam as of May 2005. After sharply rising in the past years, Vietnam's apparel exports are now stagnating. Sales to the U.S. and European Union markets are being depressed by surging competition from China in the post-quota...
- Poland Ready for a Wild 2005. Larsen, Poul Funder // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/13/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 8, p16
Explores the apparel industry in Poland as of July 2004. Challenges facing the industry following the country's participation in the European Union; Average wage of employees in the apparel industry; Status of the apparel export trade of Poland.
- Textiles from new EU member may capture European market. // Man-Made Textiles in India;Oct2004, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p390
This article reports on the potential effect of the European Union (EU) enlargement on textile exports. Under the European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP), the EU wants to offers its neighbors the prospect of a stake in the internal market, including further liberalisation to promote free movement of...
- India's clothing exports to the EU on the increase. Nayak, P. // Textile Magazine;May2006, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p48
Discusses the increase in India's clothing exports to the European Union (EU) market. Key competitive factors behind the success of India's textile industry; Ranking of India among top suppliers to the EU; Background on the performance of India in several clothing categories.
- EU Clothing Imports Fall. // Indian Textile Journal;Mar2009, Vol. 119 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the drop in the European Union (EU) clothing imports in the first seven months of 2008 compared with the same period in 2007, according to a report by Textiles Intelligence. It states that the major reason for the drop during January to July 2008 was a dampening in demand...
- Apparel to Be Hit by EU Tariffs. Zarocostas, John // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/19/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 108, p12
Deals with the plan by the European Union (EU) to impose retaliatory tarrifs on the U.S. if it does not repeal its Byrd amendment which penalizes foreign companies that compete unfairly in the U.S. maket. Complaints against the country's practice in distributing penalty duties to U.S. companies...
- US, Turkish garment exporters call for quota deadline extension. // Colourage;Apr2004, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p111
A section of the U.S.-based clothing manufacturers, along with Turkey, has urged the World Trade Organization to extend the deadline on implementation of the final integration stage of textile trade to December 31, 2007. The initially-scheduled date is December 31, 2004. Without the extension,...