OUTLOOK FOR BUSINESS INVESTMENT IS BRIGHT
- CONGRESSIONAL BUDGET OFFICE TRACKS WATER INVESTMENT. Malloy, Cy // Concrete Products;Feb2003, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p51
Focuses on the average investment costs acquired by the U.S. Congressional Budget Office for the year 2003. Amount of the drinking water system; Cost incurred during the construction of the lobby.
- Highway Trust Fund crisis only years away. DeFazio, Peter // Hill;3/13/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p26
The article reports that the Highway Trust Fund (HTF), responsible for funding critical investments in the U.S. transportation system, will be facing $7 billion deficit by 2015, according to the Congressional Budget Office.
- Drug Promotion Growth Slowed in 2008. // BioWorld Today;12/7/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 234, p4
The article reports on the decline in the overall spending by pharmaceutical companies on drug promotion in 2008, according to a report released by the U.S. Congressional Budget Office (CBO) in December 2009. Data showed that overall drug promotion spending pegged at 20.5 billion U.S. dollars,...
- DTC spending focuses on few brands: CBO. O'Connor, John // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Jan2010, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p26
The article discusses the findings of a research study about the promotional spending of the direct-to-consumer advertising, conducted by the Congressional Budget Office in the U.S. It revealed that the number of competitors did not affect the promotional spending on detailing. It showed that...
- Approaching the Edge. Suarez, Aquiles // Development (08886067);Fall2012, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p76
In this article, the author focuses on the fiscal cliff awaiting the U.S. He says that by the end of 2012 taxes will rise including on payroll, capital gains, and investment income. He adds that there will be mandatory spending reductions of 1.2 trillion U.S. dollars over 10 years across...
- Change would favor big low-priced banks. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;7/31/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 145, p2
States that banks with undervalued stocks would benefit most if institutions were allowed to account for subordinated debt as capital, with reference to research conducted; Who commissioned the research; Congressional Budget Office issues a review of regulation of interchange and surcharge fees...
- Time To End The Static Analysis At CBO. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/5/2014, pA14
Economic Policy: As Republicans prepare to take control of both chambers of Congress for the first time in a decade, a fight is brewing over who should head up the Congressional Budget Office. We have our favorites.
- Fed infrastructure bank has limited potential. // Roads & Bridges;Aug2012, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on setting up a federal infrastructure bank in the U.S. The U.S. Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has taken a look at setting up an infrastructure bank but concluded that it would have limited effect on increasing revenue for surface-transportation projects. The bank would...
- Healthcare Inflation Is on The Mend. Miller, Mark // REP.;Nov2014, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p44
The article focuses on the changes in the healthcare costs for retiring clients in the U.S. It focuses on the stabilization in the healthcare inflation. It mentions that the report from the Fidelity Investments, depicts the slowdown on the cost growth of Medicare. It mentions that Congressional...