- Koch buys fertilizer facility. Quiner, Mark // Chemical Market Reporter;8/21/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 6, p7
The article reports that Koch Nitrogen Co. will acquire the nitrogen fertilizer business of Simplot Co. of Canada. This buy out will include a manufacturing complex in Brandon, Manitoba, which produces some 400,000 tones per year of ammonia and some 120,000 tons of urea, and associated product...
- Ashland to Sell APAC for $1.3 Billion. D'Amcio, Esther // Chemical Week;8/30/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 29, p8
This article states that Ashland has agreed to sell its $2.9-billion Ashland Paving and Construction division, the nation's largest transportation construction contractor, to Oldcastle Materials, a subsidiary of building materials company CRH, for $1.3 billion. The transaction has received...
- Ashland Seeks Buyers for Electronic Chemicals Unit. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;3/12/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the search of Ashland for buyers of its electronic chemicals unit. Information on its electronic chemicals business; Status of the company on the electronic chemicals market.
- Ashland in talks to sell APAC. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;6/26/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 25, p4
The article reports that Ashland Chemical Co. (ACC) has entered negotiations to sell its Ashland Paving and Construction (APAC) company business to Oldcastle Materials Inc. This move would help ACC to focus to chemicals and distribution. Jefferies & Co.'s analyst Laurence Alexander estimated...
- Ashland Specialty Chemical Seeks Global Expansion and Focus. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;5/26/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 21, p4
Reports on global expansion plans of Ashland Specialty Chemical Co., a division of Ashland Inc. Comments of Ashland chief executive officer Gary A. Cappeline on the company's goals; Three core chemistries of the Ashland Specialty; Acquisition activities of the division.
- Ashland Nets More than $1 Billion in Cash. Hamerman, Joshua // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/11/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p1
Reports on asset sales by Covington, Kentucky-based Ashland Inc., as of July 11, 2005. Background on the assets sold, including its maleic anhydride business; Stock performance of Ashland; Speculations on other asset sales to be made by the company.
- Missouri: Gain from Sale of Stock is Nonbusiness Income. Hartman, Joel; Smith, Rebecca S. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2005 Q3, p1
The article discusses the ruling of the Missouri Administrative Hearing Commission on the case J.R. Simplot Co. v. Director of Revenue. The gain of J. R. Simplot Co. from the sale of its stock investment in Micron Technology, Inc. was ruled as a non-business income since there is no unitary...
- Making magic again. // Prepared Foods;Nov93, Vol. 162 Issue 12, p21
Presents `Seasoned Crisp Fries,' from J.R. Simplot's line of MicroMagic french fries. Coating; Varieties.
- Simplot buys Jacklin Seed. // Landscape Management;Oct97, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p16
Reports the acquisition of Post Fall, Idaho-based Jacklin Seed Company by J.R. Simplot Company. Plan for the management after the acquisition; Service provided by Simplot to Jacklin; Report on market sales of Jacklin.