- Delta and Pine Sprouts Sudden Scare. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;02/08/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p1
Probes into the status of the planned acquisition of Delta and Pine Land Co. by Monsanto Co. Stock value of the deal; Reason for the deal spread; Comments from market analysts.
- Monsanto Deal May Still Come Together. Appin, Rick // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;08/16/99, Vol. 12 Issue 33, p1
Reports the proposed merger of Monsanto Inc. and Delta and Pine Land Co. (DLP). Reason for the delay on the proposed merger of the companies since May 1998; Sale of Monsanto's Stoneville Pedigreed Seed Co. to Hicks Muse firm; Intervention of the Department of Justice in the deal.
- Monsato Acquisition Stalled As Company Faces GMO Lawsuit. Mirasol, Feliza // Chemical Market Reporter;12/20/99, Vol. 256 Issue 25, p3
Provides information on the merger between Monsanto Co. and Delta Pine & Land Company. Significance of the merger; Antitrust concerns raised by the United States Justice Department regarding the deal; Lawsuit filed against Monsanto regarding its biotechnology engineered crops.
- Department of Justice Expands Monsato-D&PL Seed Deal Probe. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;8/18/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 31, p19
Reports on the extended review of the proposed merger of cottonseed maker Delta and Pine Land and Monsanto. Value of the acquisition; Target date of completing the deal; Why Monsanto would sell its Stoneville cottonseed subsidiary Emergent Genetics.
- Delta Review Goes On and On ... Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;03/22/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p1
Provides information on the takeover of Delta and Pine Land Co. by Monsanto Co. Cost of the acquisition; How the deal was labeled; Details on the acquisition deal.
- news briefs. // Chemical Week;5/26/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 18, p6
Presents news briefs on the petrochemicals industry as of May 26, 2004. Acquisition of DyStar by Platinum Equity; Announcement of price increase in soda ash by FMC; Efforts of Monsanto to terminate its licensing agreements with Delta and Pine Land.
- Monsanto Maintains Delta Is on Track. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;07/19/99, Vol. 12 Issue 29, p1
Reports on Monsanto Co.'s takeout of Delta and Pine Land Co. Other possible bidders; Financial status of Delta for the quarter ended May 31, 1999.
- Monsanto Sprouts New M&A Effort For Delta. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/11/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p1
The article discusses the effort of Monsanto Co. to acquire Delta and Pine Land Co. Delta is a Mississippi-based cotton seed breeder. Advances in biotechnology and broad licensing models have created opportunities in cotton genetics and biotechnology traits that would make companies like Delta...
- Monsanto/D&PL merger stirs debate. Bennett, David // Southeast Farm Press;5/2/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p14
The article reports on the positive and negative impact of the merger of Monsanto Co. and Delta and Pine Land Co. on cotton farmers in the U.S. According to Ron Smith, Auburn University entomologist, new technology could be delivered faster after the merger. While others claim that the merger...