Akzo Nobel and Organon break up
- Drugs Performance Holds Key to Akzo's Future. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/21/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 19, p8
Focuses on the restructuring of the pharmaceutical business of Akzo Nobel. Speculation elicited by a statement issued by Akzo chief executive officer Hans Wijers; Financial status of business unit Organon; Financing for the restructuring.
- Schering-Plough buys Organon. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Apr2007, Issue 790, p6
This article reports on the acquisition of Organon Biosciences, a unit of Akzo Nobel, by U.S.-based pharmaceutical company Schering-Plough for â‚¬11 billion. It says that the deal put an end to Akzo's plans to list Organon on the stock market. Akzo Nobel chief executive officer Hans Wijers...
- Akzo Nobel to divide via pharma spin-off. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;2/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the decision of Akzo Nobel to split into two independent companies, namely Coatings/Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals, by spinning off its pharmaceuticals business. A minority stake in the pharmaceuticals business will be sold through an initial public offering in 2006. Akzo...
- AkzoNobel positioned for progress says CEO in annual address. // Paintindia;Jan2010, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p142
The article reports on the statement released by AkzoNobel chief executive officer (CEO) Hans Wijers that the ability of the firm to adapt to the new reality has placed it in a strong position to reinforce its status as a global industry leader.
- IPO of Organon BioSciences Imminent. van der Zanden, Tim // China Chemical Reporter;3/6/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p10
The article focuses on an announcement made by Akzo Nobel NV regarding its plan of launching an initial public offering (IPO) for the firm Organon BioSciences. A listing of about 20 to 30 percent of Organon BioSciences' shares on Euronext Amsterdam was done by Akzo. According to Hans Wijers,...
- AkzoNobel Sets 2015 Target for China at $3 Billion. // JCT CoatingsTech;Aug2010, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p11
The article reports that Hans Wijers, chief executive officer (CEO) of AkzoNobel NV announces the company's plan to expand in Asia particularly in China and double its revenue by 2015.
- AkzoNobel to Expand Presence in India. // JCT CoatingsTech;Jan2009, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p20
The article reports that Amsterdam, the Netherlands-based AkzoNobel has begun construction on a manufacturing plant in India. The facility, which is being built in Hoskote, will produce coil and specialty plastic coatings. According to AkzoNobel Chief Executive Officer Hans Wijers, the company...
- Akzo Nobel Targeting Coatings Top Spot in China. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Aug2005, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p20
Reports on the goal of Akzo Nobel to become the number-one coatings company in China. Factor to establish the company as a major coatings force in the country; Information on a plant that will be opened by Akzo Nobel in Suzhou site near Shanghai, China; Remarks from Akzo Nobel CEO Hans Wijers...
- Akzo Nobel Is Moving Headquarters to Amsterdam. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Mar2007, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p22
The article reports on the plan of Akzo Nobel to relocate its corporate headquarters from Arnhem, the Netherlands to Amsterdam. The plan is expected to take place in July 2007. According to chairman Hans Wijers, the move would significantly improve international accessibility to the corporate...