5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- Asahi looks to Saudi Arabia to expand ACN supply. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;4/2/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 60, p24
The article reports that Asahi Kasei Chemicals is conducting a preliminary study to build a 200,000-250,000 tonne per year acrylonitrile (ACN) plant in Saudi Arabia to strengthen the international competitiveness of the company. The company said it plans to start commercial operations at the...
- International Scene. // Chemical Business;Dec2012, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p57
This section offers news briefs on the global chemical industry. The construction of Asahi Kasei Chemicals' Kawasaki Innovation Center has been completed. According to ExxonMobil's "Outlook for Energy: A View to 2040," there will be a shift in global energy balance and there will be new...
- Dow to shut VCM sites. // Plastics News;2/14/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p5
The article reports that a pair of U.S. plants that manufactures vinyl chloride monomer which account for almost 10 percent of North America's capacity is being closed by Dow Chemical Co.
- Dow Acquires Polystyrene JV Shares from Asahi. // China Chemical Reporter;8/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p8
The article reports on Dow Chemical Co.'s acquisition of the shares of Asahi Kasei Chemicals Corp. in Styron Asia Ltd. (SAL) in Hong Kong (SAL HK). Dow Financial Holdings Singapore Pte. Ltd. will also acquire Asahi's shares in SAL Petrochemical (Zhangjiagang) Co. Ltd. in China (SAL ZJG). SAL is...
- Mixed outlook for acrylonitrile. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;9/5/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 505, p26
Reports on the price outlook for acrylonitrile in September and for the fourth quarter of 2005 in Asia. Cost of contract nominations of Asahi Kasei Chemicals for September; Factors that contributed to a decline in demand for acrylic fiber in Asia; Effect of the start-up of several capacities in...
- ZE ÅšWIATA. Ziemkowska, Wanda // Polimery;2012, Vol. 57 Issue 11/12, p883
No abstract available.
- Asahi Kasei to Build Large Acrylonitrile Plant in Korea. RAMESH, DEEPTI // Chemical Week;1/31/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 3, p15
The article reports on the plan of Asahi Kasei Chemicals to construct a world-scale plant for the production of acrylonitrile at Ulsan, Korea.
- New AN plant in Thailand. // Chemical Fibers International;Oct2013 Man-Made Fiber, p19
The article reports that Japanese chemical producer Asahi Kasei Chemicals Corp. has started operations at its new acrylonitrile plant in Thailand in February 2013, which is the first propane-process plant in the world.
- Dow to Shut VCM Plant in Alberta. // Chemical Week;11/20/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 46, p7
Reports that Dow Chemical will shutdown its vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) plant at Fort Saskatchewan by the end of 2005. Production capacity at its VCM plant; Business expansion of Dow in Texas.