Biography Reviews: Destinations
- Aurora Fossil Museum. CRAIG, TONY // American Road;Spring2011, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p53
The article focuses on the Aurora Fossil Museum located in North Carolina.
- Destinations. // Biography;Mar1998, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p120
Describes The Barnes Foundation Museum in Merion, Pennsylvania. Description of its collection of late-19th and early-20th century European art; Albert Cooms Barnes as its founder; History of the foundation; Restrictions included by Barnes on the use of his art collection; Visiting hours and...
- Museum hit by events row. // Marketing Event;Jan2000, p8
Reports on the continued promotion of the Duveen gallery facility for events by the British Museum despite a furor over events being held around the Elgin Marbles in London, England. Cost of hosting events at the gallery; Views on the museum; Number of times the gallery is used in a year.
- Stranger than Fiction. // Scholastic Scope;10/1/2007, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p4
The article offers information on a Ripley's Believe It or Not! Odditorium, a museum exhibiting oddities, at Times Square in New York City.
- Hidden treasures: The Glencairn Museum. Gyllenhaal, Ed // Near Eastern Archaeology;Jun98, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p130
Presents information on the Glencairn Museum, Bryn Athyn, Pennsylvania. Background information on the museum; Reference to Raymond Pitcairn, builder of the museum; Details on the museum's medieval collection; Opening hours of the museum; Description of some of the artifacts found in the museum.
- Some Notable Museums. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p181
No abstract available.
- Girl Power. // Scholastic Parent & Child;Feb2011, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p14
The article features several museums in the U.S. that honor the brains, brawn, and bravery of American women including the Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum, National Museum of Women in the Arts, and The Henry Ford Museum.
- Lake Como: WESTERN LAKE COMO. // Italian Lakes: (Landmark Visitors Guide;2002 3rd Edition, p97
Leaving the town of Como in Italy, on a road that leads in only 4 miles to Switzerland, Museo Rivarossi, in Via Pio XI, is a new and interesting museum which has many scale models of trains and cars. INSETS: Villa d'Este;The Festival of Comacina;Pliny, Elder and Younger;Villas Balbianello and...
- Visiting the past and the future. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p141
Lists some of the various museums around the United States. Things to do and learn at museums; Children's museums; Museums of entertainment; Ethnic museums; Historic restorations; Featured attractions at each museum; Visitor attendance records for 1995.
- Visiting the past and the future. // World Almanac for Kids;1998, p139
Discusses various museums in the United States. Categories of children's museums, museums of entertainment, ethnic museums and historic restorations; Children's Museum, Inc., in Boston, Massachusetts; Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, in Nashville, Tennessee; Arthur M. Sackler Gallery in...