NFU overhauls event strategy
- Incentive to smarten up. // Farmers Weekly;7/7/2006, Vol. 145 Issue 1, p44
The article previews two agricultural exhibitions to be held in Great Britain in July 2006 including the annual judging event of the Young Farmers' Club and the National Farmers Union and EBLEX event which will discuss on farm profitability and a farm walk.
- The best of Scotland. // Farmers Weekly;7/7/2006, Vol. 145 Issue 1, p56
The article presents an update related to arable farming in Fife, Scotland. The successful Royal Highland Show features the best of Scottish agriculture on display and the best of local food available in the food hall. The National Farmers Unions broke with years of tradition and engaged with...
- Letters. // Farmers Weekly;3/17/2006, Vol. 144 Issue 11, p40
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including the end of the Royal Smithfield Show in Great Britain, survey on the decrease in number of farm veterinarians and the election within the National Farmers Union.
- in briefâ€¦. // Farmers Weekly;4/20/2007, Vol. 146 Issue 16, p7
The article offers news briefs on the agricultural sector in Great Britain. It notes that the "Farming Sunday" television program will focus on factors influencing milk pricing. It mentions the results of the 2007 National Holstein Show. It cites the career achievements of the late Mike Blacker,...
- Smithfield is a great loss. // Farmers Weekly;3/10/2006, Vol. 144 Issue 10, p68
The article presents updates on arable farming in England as of March 2006. The Smithfield agricultural international show in London, England has ended. Paul Temple was appointed as vice-president of the National Farmers Union. The use of strychnine to prevent blight was prohibited by the...
- Chilly start to spring. Fell, Henry // Farmers Weekly;3/17/2006, Vol. 144 Issue 11, p41
The author reflects on several issues affecting the agriculture sector in Great Britain. He questions the plan of Marks and Spencer to decrease its prices for its food, textile and accessory manufacturers. He argues that there are other specialised agricultural shows than the Royal Smithfield...
- Turkeys for Troops launched for soldiers. // Meat Trades Journal;12/14/2012, p4
The article reports that the National Farmers' Union (NFU) partnered with Connect Packaging to launch a "Turkeys for Troops" campaign that would help the Ministry of Defence to feed their soldiers with Christmas Day meal in Great Britain.
- Farmers union to spend millions of branding UK food. Jardine, Alexandra // Marketing (00253650);10/28/1999, p1
Reports on the National Farmers Union's development of a brand to promote food produced in Great Britain. Creation of an advertising and marketing campaign.
- Rogue that blackgrass. Abel, Charles // Farmers Weekly;2/1/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 5, p58
Reports that a member of the National Farmers' Union seeds committee is fully prepared to rogue blackgrass. Aim of the seeds committee; Factor that affected second attempt to break into the pre-pack potato market with Nadine.