Slump will not hit hospitality
- Customers turn to known brands and big discounts. STAGG, JAMES // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/4/2012, Vol. 202 Issue 4726, p5
The article offers comments on how the hospitality industry has been impacted by the worldwide recession. As the economy slides back into recession, travel operators are likely to continue to grapple with meeting customer expectations in terms of price, while maintaining their loyalty. Customers...
- Editorial. // Hospitality in Focus;Apr2010, Vol. 25, p2
The author reflects on the economic recession within the hospitality industry in Great Britain. It states that failures are expected in 40 hotel companies while pub closures are at 40 per month. It notes that high unemployment, limited bank lending and falling property prices are factors that...
- KEEP YOUR FOCUS KEEN. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/24/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4537, p46
The article comments on probable victims of the credit crunch in the hospitality industry. It is mentioned that traditionally the hospitality industry is in the front line during times of financial crises. It states that a solid business plan, a quality offering and building loyalty among an...
- Thwaites set to sell sole London hotel. // Estates Gazette;5/23/2009, Issue 920, p28
The article reports on the decision of Daniel Thwaites, the Lancashire, England-based brewing, pubs and hotels group, to consider the sale of The Stafford, the only London, England hotel in its portfolio. Shire Hotels, the hotel division of Daniel Thwaites is already entertaining offers for the...
- Shelter money with an 'all-weather' investment. Leckey, Andrew // Journal of Business (10756124);4/4/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 8, pA12
Reports the impact of economic downturn in the investments of various companies. Analysis on the rate of return; Lack of operating capital; Decrease of assets and shares.
- How to outrun the recession. Goff, Lisa // Crain's New York Business;12/9/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p27
No abstract available.
- 'Waging war on recession.' // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/22/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 43, p25
Reports on the impact of recession on various businesses in New York City. Risks of bankruptcy; Reduction of sales; Need of making an effective marketing strategies.
- Commercial markets face unknowns in 2003. Restrepo, John // Las Vegas Business Press;2/17/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p15A
Reports on the impact of economic downturn on the performance of various businesses in Las Vegas, Nevada. Availability of industrial jobs; Factors influencing the increase of the number of vacant offices; Analysis of the inventory level of several retail stores.
- Planning for recession--the past is prologue. Gilbert, Harry // Outlook;Winter92, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p50
Focuses on finance management during recessions. Payroll-related expenses; Record keeping; Use of contractual employees.