Exhibition venue planned for the Highlands
- Awarding innovation. // Architectural Record;Jan1999, Vol. 187 Issue 1, p54
Reports on the Canadian Centre for Architecture's creation of an international competition to encourage unique urban design. Prize.
- Shanghai: Where the World Meets in 2010. // Diplomatic Courier;Oct2010, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p7
The article focuses on the innovative design of the world-class pavilions at the 2010 Shanghai World Expo in China. It mentions the United Arab Emirates shows its recyclable dune-shaped pavilion which emphasizes sustainability while China's pavilion is the largest pavilion which focuses on the...
- UTJECAJ ODABIRA LOKACIJA SVJETSKIH I MEÄUNARODNIH IZLOÅ½BI NA Å IRENJE URBANE STRUKTURE BRUXELLESA. Krajnik, Lea Petrović // Prostor;2011, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p126
Through comparative analysis the paper examines the influence on the expansion of Brussels' urban structure by the choice of locations for the world and international exhibitions held in the city from 1888 to 1958. Research results show that the organisation of the exhibitions enticed the...
- HINDSIGHT. // Estates Gazette;9/27/2008, Issue 838, p170
The article presents news featured in the periodical at week 38 from 1969 to 1971. 1969 saw the approval of the Oval redevelopment, selection of Taylor Woodrow for the redevelopment of St. Katharine Docks, and the yield of property professionals to fashion. In 1970, the periodical reported the...
- Soviet Disneyland. // Russian Life;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the plan of Mayor Yury Lushkov to convert VDNKh, the exhibition complex built in northern Moscow, Russia in the 1930s to showcase achievements of the Soviet national economy into a modern exhibition complex. It is noted that a large modern complex is already being built...
- DESERT DREAMS. Cousins, Felicity // Business Traveller (UK/Europe Edition);Oct2009, p62
The article focuses on the Urban Plan 2030 of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Included in the plan is the renovation of the city's exhibition centre and work with the Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Co. to promote business and create a calendar of 40 to 50 events a year. Also expected is the...
- Honoring the Plan. // Lighting Design & Application;Sep2009, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p6
The article focuses on the celebration of the 100th anniversary of Plan of Chicago, an urban plan issued by architect Daniel Burnham in Illinois in 1909. In line with the celebration, a series of events and exhibitions were launched, including the construction of two temporary pavilions by...
- Space shortage predicted for UK. Cook, Alyson // Marketing Event;Feb97, p7
Focuses on a report predicting a shortage in exhibition space in Great Britain. Failure to meet increasing demand for exhibition space; Opportunity for unusual venues to meet demand for events; Wider price range for organizers.
- Wembley lines up major IT upgrade. White, Sara // Marketing Event;Nov/Dec2000, p13
Reports on the plans of Wembley Conference Centre in England to provide Internet high-speed data throughout the complex. Results of the review of the complex's technical facilities; Impact of the plans on organizers of special events.