Togetherness, For the Wireless Ethernet
- Wireless Ethernet attracts new vendors, issues new certifications. Schweber, Bill // EDN;03/01/2001, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p13
Reports on the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance's awarding of additional product certifications to an array of local area network-related products from various vendors. Total number of vendors with certified products; Efforts of the alliance to encourage consumer interest in the products.
- WLAN Plan Working. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;05/29/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p32
Deals with the features and problems with the specification approved for deployments of interoperable wireless local area network (WLAN) technologies. Solution developed by the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance (WECA) members regarding specification problems; Message of the...
- PRISM II WLAN REFERENCE DESIGN RECEIVES `WI-FI' CERTIFICATION. // LAN Product News;Oct2000, p1
Reports the Wi-Fi certification of Intersil PRISM II Reference Design by the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance in the United States. Basis of certification on the IEEE 802.11 standard; Advantages of Wi-Fi local area network (LAN) systems; Adoption of the PRISM WLAN chips by companies;...
- SNIFFER TECHNOLOGIES JOINS WECA. // LAN Product News;Feb2001, p2
Reports that Sniffer Technologies has been recognized by the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance (WECA) as a member. Focus of WECA on certifying interoperability of Wi-Fi wireless local area network (LAN) products; Sniffer Technologies' expansion of its market opportunities; How Sniffer...
- Ask Donna. Ballast, Donna // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Nov2000, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p14
Focuses on the development of standards for wireless local area networks (LAN). Reasons why users supplement wired networks with LAN; Wireless networking standards; LAN protocols; System layout and installation of wireless LAN; Formation of the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance to...
- Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance. // Network Dictionary;2007, p530
A reference entry for "Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance" (WECA) is presented. It is the former name of the Wi-Fi Alliance of vendors promoting 802.11 wireless networking standards and compatibility.
- The Market Maker. Meyers, Jason // Wireless Review;May2002, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p64
Profiles Bob Egan, wireless analyst at Gartner. Contributions in the development of wireless local area networks and mobile Internet protocol; Information on Gartner; Achievements as an analyst.
- Site Of The Week. // Wireless Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p22
Offers a look at the Web site of the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance. Details on the site; Usefulness of the site; How site elements are arranged.
- Site of the Week. // Wireless Week;5/27/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p22
Features the Web site of the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance (WECA). Main job of WECA; Usefulness of the Web site; Arrangement of the site elements.