- CENTURYTEL BACK IN WIRELESS WITH VIRTUAL OPERATOR PLAY. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;9/27/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 18, p16
Reports that CenturyTel will be reselling Cingular Wireless voice service business. Comment of CenturyTel chief operating officer Karen Puckett regarding the decision to resell Cingular Wireles; Launch of a mobile virtual network operator business; Plan to integrate wireless directly with its...
- Carriers Wheeling And Dealing. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;10/1/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 40, p28
Deals with the alliances formed by national wireless communications providers with regional telecommunication carriers in the United States. Plan of Verizon Wireless to acquire the wireless properties of Dobson Communications Inc.; Merger deal offered by CenturyTel Inc. with Alltel; Speculation...
- Preferred Voice gets contract. // RCR;12/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 50, p10
Announces the agreement of Preferred Voice Inc. to install its Voice Integrated Platform System in the network control center of Midwest Wireless LLC.
- Omnipoint digital wireless service available. // Fairfield County Business Journal;06/15/98, Vol. 37 Issue 24, p12
Reports that Omnipoint Communications Inc. has expanded its Personal Communications Services (PCS) network to Connecticut. Omnipoint's use of Global System for Mobile communications (GSM) technology; Features available to GSM users.
- To the point. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;08/18/97 Supplement PCS Edge, Vol. 233 Issue 7, p30
Profiles wireless communications firm Omnipoint Communications. Comment by George Schmitt, president of the company; Company background; Challenges faced by the company when it launched its wireless service; Major services offered by the company; Features of the company's personal communications...
- Omnipoint chooses C block options. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;04/27/98, Vol. 234 Issue 17, p14
Discloses that Omnipoint Communications Inc. will reduce its license debt and accrued interest by approximately $300 million. Plan of the company to disaggregate its license in the Philadelphia major trading area; Possible takeover of the company.
- Omnipoint opens for business with three price plans. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;11/18/96, Vol. 15 Issue 46, p13
Reports that opening of Omnipoint Communications Incorporated for business on November 14, 1996, with reference to the postponing of the opening date of a full-scale promotional campaign for its personal communications services network in the New York City metropolitan area. Length of time...
- Omnipoint signs up for GSM roaming. // RCR;3/3/97, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p106
Reports that Omnipoint Communications Incorporated signed international roaming agreements with 26 Global System for Mobile communications carriers. Location of the carriers; Areas covered by the telecommunications agreements; Comments from Omnipoint.
- Omnipoint selling Siemens S12 phone. // RCR;08/10/98, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p10
Reports on the decision of Omnipoint Communications Inc. to market and sell the Siemens S12 handset telephone. Retail cost of the phone; Features of the phone.