Triton: Missiles Over Broadband
- ART TO trial Triton system. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;06/14/99, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p26
Reports on broadband Internet service provider Advanced Radio Telecom Corp.'s plan to test Triton Network Systems Inc.'s consecutive point 100-megabits-per-second radio. Evaluation of reliability, quality and cost-effectiveness of deploying consecutive point-based wireless networks using...
- Wireless provider touts price for 100M bit/sec. Martin, Michael // Network World;01/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p25
No abstract available.
- Slow Times For Broadband Wireless. McGinity, Meg // Inter@ctive Week;11/8/99, Vol. 6 Issue 46, p14
Discusses the performance of the local broadband communication market in the United States. Impact of the resignation of Advanced Radio Telecom (ART) Chairman and Chief Executive Henry C. Hirsch on the company; Local Multipoint Distribution Service technology offered by ART, Teligent and...
- The ART Of Expanding Bandwidth With Fixed Wireless. Trager, Louis // Inter@ctive Week;08/30/99, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p16
Details the plan of Advanced Radio Telecom company to sell broadband products and expand business through California and the nation. Investment received by Advanced Radio from Qwest Communications International; Challenges encountered by Advanced Radio during the development of the product.
- Nextlink to use Triton rings. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;05/22/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 21, p33
Announces the decision of Nextlink Communications to use Triton Network Systems' consecutive point broadband radios. How the radios operate; Reasons for broadband wireless operators' criticisms of ring-based radio architectures; Features of the Triton system.
- Broadband Players Have Their Day In The Sun. // High Yield Report;06/07/99, Vol. 10 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the increase in demand for bonds and stocks in the wireless broadband sector. Cash infusion in Advanced Radio Telecom from Qwest Communications; Renewed interest in Teligent and Winstar Communications.
- Broadband industry running out of breath. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;4/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p1
Reports the status of the local multipoint distribution service wireless broadband industry in the United States as of April 2001. Reason for Advanced Radio Telecom Corp. to file for bankruptcy; Plan of Winstar Communications Inc. on employment dismissal and network expansion; Update on the...
- Stay tuned. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;08/23/99, Vol. 237 Issue 8, p20
Reports on the intention of Advanced Radio Telecom (ART) company to deliver video service over its broadband wireless networks. Television programming offered by the company over its network in San Jose, California; Remarks from Harry Hirsch, chairman of ART; Plans of the company to develop...
- The Heat Is On. Todd, Karissa // Wireless Review;07/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p26
Focuses on the broadband wireless market. Impact on the stocks of Advanced Radio Telecom and Winstar; Reason carriers are not satisfied with the products introduced by vendors; Problems that fixed-wireless carriers face. INSET: New Microwave Products.