A High-speed Work OF ART
- ARTfully Building Broadband. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;01/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p20
Reports on the nationwide buildout of wireless broadband Internet protocol network started by Advanced Radio Telecom Corp. (ART). Target customers of ART; Percentage of stake in ART bought by Qwest in 1999; Significance of the nationwide buildout on ART.
- Lastest work of ART: Data network. Wilson, Carol // Inter@ctive Week;03/30/98, Vol. 5 Issue 12, pI-1
Cites the plans of Advance Radio Telecom Corporation (ART) of Bellevue, Washington, to build a wireless data network and to operate as a competitive local exchange carrier in 100 cities in the United Staes. Naming of Harry Hirsch as chairman, president and chief executive officer of ART;...
- Sign on the dotted line. Chaffee, Maggie; Reeves, Betsy // Wireless Review;05/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p14
Reports that Lucent Technologies and Advanced Radio Telecom (ART) have signed a letter of intent naming Lucent as the supplier and integrator of ART's planned wireless broadband data network. Contents of the letter; Plan of Lucent to acquire Hewlett-Packard's local multipoint distribution...
- You are the weakest link. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;04/09/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 15, p116
Comments on the failure of several telecommunication companies that chose to invest in fixed wireless technology in the United States in 2001. Closure of the operations of Advanced Radio Telecom; Other telecommunication service providers that have experienced financial problems; Causes of the...
- Broadband Players Have Their Day In The Sun. // High Yield Report;06/07/99, Vol. 10 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the increase in demand for bonds and stocks in the wireless broadband sector. Cash infusion in Advanced Radio Telecom from Qwest Communications; Renewed interest in Teligent and Winstar Communications.
- Broadband industry running out of breath. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;4/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p1
Reports the status of the local multipoint distribution service wireless broadband industry in the United States as of April 2001. Reason for Advanced Radio Telecom Corp. to file for bankruptcy; Plan of Winstar Communications Inc. on employment dismissal and network expansion; Update on the...
- A Mobile Internet Business Model: Dizzying Heights, And Hurdles. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;01/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p10A
Offers a look at the strategies of Advanced Radio Telecom Inc., Exalink Inc. and GoodBuy Wireless.com Inc. on drawing profit from the wireless Internet market. Licenses of wireless Internet managed by Advanced Radio; How Exalink distinguish itself from other companies; Marketing plans of...
- Stay tuned. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;08/23/99, Vol. 237 Issue 8, p20
Reports on the intention of Advanced Radio Telecom (ART) company to deliver video service over its broadband wireless networks. Television programming offered by the company over its network in San Jose, California; Remarks from Harry Hirsch, chairman of ART; Plans of the company to develop...
- The Heat Is On. Todd, Karissa // Wireless Review;07/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p26
Focuses on the broadband wireless market. Impact on the stocks of Advanced Radio Telecom and Winstar; Reason carriers are not satisfied with the products introduced by vendors; Problems that fixed-wireless carriers face. INSET: New Microwave Products.