Western Likely To Win In N.D
- WESTERN WIRELESS TO SELL INTEREST IN ICELANDIC WIRELESS FIRM. // Worldwide Telecom;Dec2002, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the sale of the interest of Western Wireless International Corp. at Icelandic wireless operator Tal hf to Islandssmi hf.
- Western Wireless holds PCS luau. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;3/4/96, Vol. 230 Issue 10, p3
Reports that Western Wireless has developed its first commercial personal communications services in 1996. Name of service; Locations where service was launched.
- Universal Service Funds: Competition Everywhere? Martinek, Marcia // Wireless Review;04/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p8
Talks about the eligible-telecom-carrier (ETC), a requirement to qualify for the Universal Service Funds. Details on the ETC applications of Western Wireless; How to qualify for an ETC.
- Western Wireless applies experience to Salt Lake City. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;7/01/96, Vol. 231 Issue 1, p3
Reports on Western Wireless' launching of a commercial service in Salt Lake City under the VoiceStream Wireless brand. Northern Telecomm as provider of infrastructure for the Western Wireless PCS 1900 system; Deployment of more than 80 cell sites in the Utah region.
- Western's revenues grow, net loss shrinks. // RCR;02/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p8
Informs about the revenue growth posted by Western Wireless Corp. in the fourth quarter ended December 31, 1998.
- Western Wireless petitions FCC. // RCR;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p13
Reports that Western Wireless Inc. has petitioned the United States Federal Communications Commission to pre-empt a decision by South Dakota regulators providing the firm from providing telecommunication service in the state.
- Western to FCC: Clarify ETC status. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;04/12/99, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p5
Reports on Western Wireless Inc.'s request for the United States Federal Communications Commission to clarify the status of eligible telecommunication carriers (ETC). Issues related to ETCs; Eligibility of wireless carriers for ETC status; Hurdles to Western's plans to offer service in South...
- Wireless storms local loop. GOHRING, NANCY // Telephony;01/18/99, Vol. 236 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the issue in Regent, North Dakota on whether wireless operator, Western Wireless must follow the same path as a wireline operator to offer competitive local service. Lawsuit filed by Western Wireless against the Consolidated Telephone Cooperative (CTC); Why Western Wireless believes...
- Take two. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;03/29/99, Vol. 236 Issue 13, p10
Deals with issues surrounding auctioned PCS licenses. Remarks from Joseph Bonocore, industry director of KPMG communications; Opinion on Omnipoint's aim to win the Chicago license; Outcome of the auction on Omnipotent and Western Wireless.