One Afternoon In Celtopia
- Carlo To Air Fears At 7-Eleven. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;10/11/99, Vol. 5 Issue 41, p11
Focuses on the health message regarding the effects of wireless phone being promoted by the Health Risk Management Group headed by George Carlo. Information on the consumer manual sold by Carlo concerning the issue; Details on the health advisory.
- Distance Runners. Crane, Magan // Boating;May2000, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p102
Evaluates several satellite telephones for boaters.
- Roaming services predestined to improve. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;7/1/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p19
Discusses that the growing competition in the wireless communications industry in Puerto Rico drives companies to offer their customers better roaming options at lower prices. Addition of features such as call-waiting, voice mail and caller identification to attract more users; Problems...
- Advertised 900MHz Cordless Prices. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p43
Presents a chart related to the advertised wireless telephone prices in the United States from January 16 to 30, 2000.
- Qualcomm GSP 1600 sat phone. Swanson, Peter // Yachting;Jul2001, Vol. 190 Issue 1, p48
Features the Qualcomm GSP 1600 handheld global satellite phone from Globalstar.
- Carrier Stores Gain Share: IDC Survey. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;06/12/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p25
Discusses the results of a consumer survey conducted by research company IDC on various issues concerning wireless phone users. Finding that the distribution channel with the biggest market share was carrier-owned stores; Commitment of fewer consumers to service contracts; Surge in wireless usage.
- New cordless telephone from BT. // Management Services;Apr85, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p38
Features the Curlew cordless telephone from British Telecom. Design of the telephone; Product pricing; Memory of the telephone.
- Powertel Allows Two Phone Numbers on One Wireless Handset. // Tele-Service News;Oct99, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p7
Provides information on the services offered by Powertel Inc. to its wireless telephone customers in the United States.
- What you don't know can cost you. Cortner, Mark A. // Telephony;10/12/98, Vol. 235 Issue 15, p56
Discusses areas of revenue loss for wireless telephone providers. Billing and rating analysis department; Switch record confirmation; Switch translation; Verification and service validation; Common sources of revenue loss; Missions of the organizations charged with minimizing revenue leakage.