Judge Questions Nextel-FCC Pact
- Viewpoint. Ford, Tracy // RCR;01/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the task facing Judge Adlai Hardin in the bankruptcy case of NextWave Telecom Inc. Stand of wireless communication firms; Involvement of Nextel Communications in the case; NextWave's relations in the industry and with the United States Federal Communication Commission (FCC); Industry...
- FCC on a roll with Wright. C.S.S. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/24/95, Vol. 125 Issue 30, p81
Profiles Christopher Joseph Wright, deputy general counsel of the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Contribution of Wright in the various achievements of FCC in 1990s; Career of Wright as a government attorney; Reasons for his joining of FCC; Opinion of Wright about FCC.
- Nextel--'Allowed to break the law' Swift, Jason // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2002, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p6
Features the Nextel Communication Inc. in the U.S. Complains on property permit fee; Issues on wireless sites; Participation of Federal Communication Commission.
- Toward gentility. Schwaninger Jr., Robert H. // Mobile Radio Technology;May98, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p54
Comments on Nextel Communications' opposition against a petition filed with the US Federal Communications Commission, wherein it was noted that the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau had made errors in granting licenses to Nextel. Nextel's failure to defend the appropriateness of its licenses;...
- Nextel spectrum swap plan meets resistance. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;2/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p1
Deals with the opposition to the proposed public-safety spectrum plan of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Basis of the FCC proposal; Views of mobile-phone operators on the plan; Response of the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials-International to the Nextel plan.
- Nextel Applauds Spectrum Increase. // Wireless Week;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 46, p6
Reports on the reaction of Nextel Communications Inc. on the decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to increase available telecommunication spectrum in the 800 megahertz (MHz) band. How Nextel view the FCC decision; Bid of Nextel in the 800 MHz auction.
- C-Block Proposal Favors Nextel. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p1
Focuses on the assurance given to the wireless industry by the United States Federal Communications Commissions (FCC) concerning the license of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Amendment to the budget bill after the failure to achieve spectrum recovery authority for the FCC; Impact of the...
- Nextel publicly supports 911 deadlines, but lobbies for changes. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;3/31/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p6
Explains that Nextel Communications Inc. will face difficulty if its moves forward with plans to try to delay the implementation deadline for wireless enhanced 911 Phase II service beyond December 31, 2005. Support of Nextel for the 911 deadlines; Importance of the 911 Phase II service being...
- Nextel calls private wireless a subsidy. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/23/99, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p13
Reports on Nextel Communications Inc.'s claims that private wireless services receive government subsidy because they do not pay licenses. Nextel's demand for including private wireless carriers in the auction process; Comments from the American Mobile Telecommunications Association.