AT&T Adds Vendors
- Where are the big savings? Rohde, David // Network World;09/07/98, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p26
Discusses the Internet Protocol (IP) telephony service offered by AT&T Corp. Purpose of this service; Details on AT&T's trial of IP telephony called Connect 'N Save; Names of the cities where the service is available; Speculation on the value of the this service.
- Switch glitch. // Business News New Jersey;04/20/98, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p2
Reports on the experience of the InterSpan customers of AT&T of losing their data connections on April 13, 1998. Announcement by AT&T chairman Michael Armstrong that customers would not be charged for service until problem has been solved; Decision of customers to get a backup system.
- New phone network lets bank's calls go through. // ABA Banking Journal;Feb91, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p66
Introduces the software defined network of AT&T. Capabilities of the software network; Testimony of Huntington Bancshares on the advantages of the software; Reluctance of several banks to adopt the network.
- Armstrong decrees a new network for AT&T. Rohde, David; Greene, Tim // Network World;02/02/98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the announcement by C. Michael Armstrong, chairman of AT&T, the week of January 25, 1998, of a radical change in that company's network, which will provide hundreds of users with access points to IP, wireless and local telephone services. Design intentions of the plan; Views of...
- AT&T readies private rival to Internet. Barney, Doug; Wallace, Bob // InfoWorld;5/1/95, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p1
Reports on American Telephone & Telegraph Co.'s (AT&T) plan to build a private nationwide computer network designed for electronic commerce. Internet as basis for network's design; Employment of low-cost standard Internet technologies; AT&T's agreement to work with Sequent Computer Systems Inc....
- Is quality of service necessary? Isenberg, David S. // America's Network;03/01/99, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p20
Discusses the author's views on the Stupid Network of AT&T Corp. Comments from the AT&T Chairman Mike Armstrong; Need for quality of service and differential pricing; Remarks on the economics of networks.
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Naples, Fla. // RBOC Update;Jun2012, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p4
The article evaluates the 4G LTE network from AT&T Inc.
- AT&T unveils ReliaBURST. Lindstrom, Annie // Telephony;3/20/95, Vol. 228 Issue 12, p16
Reports on American Telephone & Telegraph Co.'s (AT&T) introduction of the capability ReliaBURST for its InterSpan ATM service. Features of ReliaBURST; Support from a proprietary closed loop congestion management algorithm; Advantages with the closed-loop architecture.
- AT&T reveals frame relay service pricing. Wallace, Bob // InfoWorld;4/10/95, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p8
Reports on AT&T's announcement of the prices of its frame relay services. Pricing of frame relay on a per-user basis; Elements of a public frame relay network; Market share.