Vodafone and Bell Atlantic
- Dividing PrimeCo Into Prime Cuts. Felps, Bruce // Wireless Week;08/09/99, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p1
Reports that Bell Atlantic Corp. and Vodafone AirTouch PLC revealed plans for dividing the major trading areas of their subsidiary PrimeCo Personal Communications LP. Details on the division of properties; Issue regarding the PrimeCo brand name; Concerns over the transition from PrimeCo's...
- Tying Up Loose PrimeCo Ends. Felps, Bruce // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p18
Highlights the proposed joint venture between Bell Atlantic Corp. and Vodafone AirTouch PLC. Role of PrimeCo Personal Communications LP in the venture; Terms of the proposed agreement; Requirement before the companies can form the joint wireless venture.
- Bell Atlantic/Vodaphone Airtouch increase ownership in Primeco. // RBOC Update;Feb2000, p6
Reports that Bell Atlantic Corp. and Vodafone AirTouch PLC have increased their ownership in the partnerships that operate PrimeCo Personal Communications LP markets in Texas. Acquisition of 20% interest owned by IXU Communications; Total licenses owned by Bell Atlantic and Vodafone in the...
- What's in a name? PrimeCo's corporate owners may find out. Volz, Matthew // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);04/26/99, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p19
Reports on Bell Atlantic Corp.'s threat to disband PrimeCo Personal Communications LP in case one of its joint-venture owners, AirTouch Communications, merges with VodaFone Group PLC. Status of PrimeCo's license to provide wireless communications in New Orleans, Louisiana; Negotiations on the...
- New on the Verizon--GTE and Bell Atlantic merge. Radke, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;07/10/2000, Issue 322640, p1
Reports that GTE Wireless and Bell Atlantic have joined Vodafone AirTouch and PrimeCo Personal Communications to form the wireless telecommunications carrier Verizon Wireless. Requirement of the United States Federal Communications Commission that Verizon complete the initial public offering of...
- Bell Atlantic shuts door on Vodafone AirTouch relations. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;08/09/99, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p16
Announces the agreement between Vodafone AirTouch plc and Bell Atlantic Corp. to split up jointly owned personal communications systems (PCS) operator PrimeCo Personal Communications and dissolve their joint venture meant to create a seamless nationwide network. Factors which negatively...
- When Telcos Snarl: A Wireless Spat Gets Ugly. Creswell, Julie // Fortune;8/2/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 3, p227
Discusses the business disagreements between Bell Atlantic and Vodafone AirTouch. Attempts by Bell Atlantic to purchase AirTouch; Dissolve of PrimeCo, a joint venture between the two companies; Efforts to maintain PrimeCo.
- Bell Atlantic, Vodafone Airtouch buy PrimeCo's Texas market. // RCR;01/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p13
Reports on Bell Atlantic Corp. and Vodafone AirTouch PLC's purchase of full ownership in Prime Co Personal Communications LP's Texas market.
- After PrimeCo Split, Whither Vodafone? Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;08/16/99, Vol. 5 Issue 33, p1
Speculates the steps that will be taken by Vodafone AirTouch PLC after the breakup of its business with PrimeCo Personal Communications LP. Brief information on Vodafone Airtouch; Other options for Vodafone AirTouch.