LAW 'CARVES OUT' SANTA CRUZ
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.
- Look & learn as home, lifestyle channels show the way. Menichini, Mike // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p22
Focuses on cable television networks that offer lifestyle improvement programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. HGTV; Food Network; Discovery Home and Leisure; Style; Do It Yourself.
- New channels, shows target growing market. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p23
Features cable television networks that offer Hispanic programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. Video Rola; HBO Latino; Galavision; GEMS Television; IMas! Arizona; Launch dates; Number of subscribers.
- Wellness nets showing strong vital signs. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p25
Features cable television networks that offer health programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. Discovery Health; WebMD TV; Launch dates; Number of subscribers.
- Untitled. // Education Week;9/29/93, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p29
Reports on the development by Booknet of a cable-television channel devoted solely to books. Programming; Functions of an independent editorial board for the channel; Contact information.
- SWS TV show now on Outdoor Life Network! // Salt Water Sportsman;Mar99, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p50
Reports on the Outdoor Life Network cable channel in the United States.
- NUE, MBC Unveil Deals. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p23
Reports that United States-based cable networks Major Broadcasting Cable Network and New Urban Entertainment announced programming and distribution deals during the 2000 Western Show. Company background.
- Say Goodbye, Finally, to Chad World. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p6
Presents updates relevant to cable television in the United States for the week of December 18, 2000. Special television program on MSNBC on the election 2000 deadlock in Florida; Program on Comedy Central on hiring practices in show business.