THIS JUST IN
- MyNetworkTV Selects Tandberg TV Satellite For Network Launch. // Satellite Today;9/4/2006, p7
The article reports that MyNetworkTV, a new primetime network with 167 affiliates representing 96 percent of households in the U.S., has chosen Tandberg Television to provide both high and standard-definition MPEG-2 encoding. Tandberg reported that MyNetworkTV, the only high-definition broadcast...
- The Future of Cable's Independent Voices. Gutstein, Chad // Multichannel News;1/7/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p31
In this article, the author expresses his views on dropping of the television network Ovation from the channel line-up of Time Warner Cable Inc. He mentions that Time Warner Cable's chairman has claimed that cable companies need to take severe measures on elevating programming costs. He adds...
- YES Signs Cleanup Hitter: TWC. REYNOLDS, MIKE // Multichannel News;4/5/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p5
The article offers information on Time Warner Cable Inc., which is offering its package of streamed games for only video subscribers in New York. Consumers can watch live telecasts of games and sporting events through their computers. This deal mandate the consumer to subscribe for video-only...
- READY, SET, STOP. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p14
The article reports that Time Warner Cable Inc. will soon be from Time Warner Inc. and become a fully independent cable operator in the U.S. Its new status will provide the chance for Time Warner Cable to chart its own course in a world where hundreds of channels are delivered over telephone...
- NBC Proves Comcast Q4 Bright Spot; Stock Rises. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;1/29/2014, pA05
Comcast's big move in 2013 â€” acquiring all of NBCUniversal â€” brightened its Q4 earnings as its TV broadcast and film units shined, but the cable firm was mum on whether a bid deal involving Time Warner Cable is brewing.
- Cable op owners on the run. Zeitchik, Steven // Variety;5/7/2007, Vol. 406 Issue 12, p29
The article discusses some of the challenges facing the cable industry, such as changing ownership and the addition of programming and technology services like video on demand (VOD). The article mentions The Cable Show, the National Cable & Telecommunications Association's (NCTA) annual operator...
- Fleet of Foot. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;6/23/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p10
The article describes how U.S. cable operators, key technology suppliers, and peripheral vendors are employing a development model called Agile to accelerate the turnaround time to develop, deploy and continuously improve new products. It compares Agile to the Waterfall process and cites the...
- IPTV Processing. // Communications Technology;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p41
The article evaluates the iPlexT UltraCompression IPTV processing equipment from Tandberg Television.
- Schmooze. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/1/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 41, p14
Photographs of the several participants in the Broadcasting and Cable Hall of Fame event including Paul Karpowicz, Melissa Grego, and David Zaslav are presented.