PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Lawmakers to name Czech TV director. Meils, Cathy // Daily Variety;02/09/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 50, p12
Reports that the Czech government will appoint an interim director for Czech Republic-based television station Czech Television. List of executive candidates for the position; Moral boost of striking Czech TV employees with the arrival of Jim Wilson, director of the international union...
- The doctor is out at Eyemark. Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;04/13/98, Vol. 370 Issue 9, p19
Presents information on several news briefs concerning television stations in the United States. Negotiation between Doctor Laura Schlessinger and CBS Incorporated; Appointment of Brooke Karzen as vice president of Buena Vista Television; Promotion of executives at MGM Worldwide Television Group.
- Stations Must Remain Creative Amid Change. Ireland, Jay // Television Week;3/27/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p16
The article reflects on the local television stations business which is undergoing a fundamental change in perspective from the traditional broadcast-centered model to a viewer-centered model in the U.S. in 2006. The author mentioned that the current programming gets distributed through iPods,...
- Global Village Convenes at MIP. Pursell, Chris // Television Week;4/16/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p1
The article discusses issues related to the 2007 MIP international television programming bazaar in Cannes, France. According to the article, as straight sales of American series to worldwide channels have dipped, the market has slowly but surely seen an increase of formatting deals, not only...
- People on the move. // TVB Europe;Feb2003, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p4
Reports career developments among several executives in the television industry in Europe. Naming of Charlie Mawer as executive creative director for BBC Broadcast; Appointment of Stewart McGhie as technical sales manager of Crystal Vision; Election of David Lowen as new managing director of...
- People. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Oct2002, Issue 330, p7
Reports on appointments of people related to the television broadcasting industry in Great Britain as of October 2002. Appointment of Tom McDonald as worldwide director of market development by broadcasting company Quantel Inc.; Appointment of Richard Frank as director of international sales...
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;11/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p30
A photo essay highlighting the events during trade shows and conferences in the television broadcasting industry is presented.
- Discop sets speakers. Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;6/1/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 43, p11
The article previews the Discop Trade Show to be held in Budapest, Hungary on June 22-23, 2006.
- IBC: Store and forward. Jarrett, George // TVB Europe;Nov2002, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p26
Focuses on the impact of the IBC 2002 show on the television industry. Influence of the show on the high-end VFX market; Decline in the number of American companies attending the event as compared during the 2000 show; Information on various digital media architecture software exhibited during...