DOLAN HOLDINGS FOR SALE? MAYBE NOT
- Three Simple Rules. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/31/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 44, p14
Reports on the withdrawal of the offer of Jim and Chuck Dolan of Cablevision Systems to buy out public investors for the privatization of the firm. Decline in the stock price of Cablevision; Difference between the cash-flow multiples of Cablevision and other television networks; Speculations on...
- Dolan: Ignore 'Speculation' Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;6/13/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p43
Presents an update on the speculation that there is a link between the resignation of John Malone, member of the board of directors at Cablevision, from the company and the plan of the company to sell its programming assets in 2005. Effect of the resignation of Malone on the price of the stocks...
- WHAT'S A RAINBOW WORTH? Blum, Jonathan // Cable World (10427228);8/19/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p8
Reports on the move of Cablevision Systems to reintegrate its Rainbow Media Group tracking stock. Cable television networks under Rainbow; Price of the stock.
- Cablevision shares jump on talk of acquisition. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/17/2002, Vol. 375 Issue 11, p12
Reports on an increase in the stock price of U.S.-based cable operator Cablevision Systems Corp. Possible acquisition of the company by other media firms led to the increase; Closing price of the stock at U.S. stock exchanges; Reaction of analysts regarding acquisition of the company.
- Cablevision Spectrum Sale Reviewed. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;1/27/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p38
Reports on possible plans of Cablevision Systems Corp. to sell a batch of wireless telephone licenses to Verizon Wireless. List of cities covered in licenses; Need of sales approval from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- Plans for Fuse hint at sell-off. Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/30/2005, Vol. 390 Issue 36, p6
The article reports on the speculation that Cablevision Systems Corp. could be on the verge of selling its programming assets. Jason Bazinet of Citigroup Global Markets noted in a research report that a sale of the cable channel Fuse might foreshadow more Cablevision-owned channels changing...
- Analysts: Dolans Moving Toward Buyback. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/3/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p64
Focuses on the claims of Jason Bazinet, a cable analyst at Citigroup, that the issuance of special dividend to shareholders by Cablevision Systems Corp. could be a way for the ruling Dolan family to launch another bid to take the cable firm private. Approval given by the board of directors to...
- DECLINERS. Darowski, Jill // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/18/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 30, p30A
Reports on the performance of the stocks of FalconStor Software Inc. and Cablevision Systems Corp. in the U.S. Decline in the stock price of FalconStor Software; View of JP Morgan on the stock of Cablevision Systems Corp.
- Cablevision spins ahead. Lisanti, Joseph // Variety;8/13/2012, Vol. 428 Issue 1, p2
The article examines in increase in the stock prices of the cable television companies Cablevision Systems and AMC Networks in July 2012, noting that the latter company was spun off by the former in June 2011.