Allen: Charter's on Track
- Smit Has Eye on Customer Service. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/15/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p6
Claims that Charter Communications Inc. CEO Neil Smit will focus on customer service initiatives following his appointment in August 2005. Remarks from Smit on his experience and practical knowledge in customer service operations; Comments on company executives Bob May and Paul Allen on Smit's...
- Straight Talk on Keller. // CableFAX Daily;3/20/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 53, p2
Reports on the statement issued by Charter CEO Neil Smit to video subscribers in Keller, Texas. Decrease in the company's market share in the area; Plan of Charter to launch a telephony project in Keller; Estimated amount allocated for the project.
- Smit: Charter's Got Keller Instincts. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/8/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p46
The article reports that Charter Communications Inc. launched a telephone service in Keller, Texas. CEO Neil Smit is hoping that the company will survive the threat of telephone company competition for video services. Charter has gained a net 112,800 high-speed Internet customers. Smit said that...
- SMIT GETS A FRESH CHARTER. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/10/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 27, p2
Reports on the recruitment of Neil Smit as president and CEO of Charter Communications Inc. in the U.S. Appreciation of the company of Smit's background in customer service, sales, and operations; Career history of Smit.
- Charter Eyes AOL Exec. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/8/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p3
Reports on the possible appointment of Neil Smit as CEO of Charter Communications Inc. Information on the selection process being conducted by the company for the position; Career highlights of Smit; Responsibilities of Smit at AOL.
- AOL Chief Named Charter CEO. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/15/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 33, p27
Reports on the appointment of former AOL executive Neil Smit as president and CEO of Charter Communications effective August 22, 2005. Career background; Information on his predecessor at Charter; Overview of Smit's previous delegation at Time Warner's America Online Access business.
- Charter Exits Chapter 11. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;12/7/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p26
This article announces that the Saint Louis, Missouri-based cable television services company Charter Communications has exited Chapter 11 bankruptcy on November 30, 2009. Its debt, through the restructuring of finances, has been reduced by 8 billion U.S. dollars or 40%. The company is now...
- CTPAA Notebook. // CableFAX Daily;3/21/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 54, p2
The article highlights some of the issues discussed at the Cable Television Public Affairs Association Forum held in March 2006. Charter's Neil Smit predicted that something will happen within the industry. Meanwhile, Cablevision's John Bickham stated the market share performance of the company...
- Charter Numbers:. // CableFAX Daily;8/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 153, p2
The article reports on the strong revenue of cable company Charter for the second quarter of 2006. The company's revenue has increased 8.7 percent to $1.43 billion. It subscription loss is only 37.8K compared to 41.7K in 2005. It has added nearly 24k digital subscription and 53K data. Neil Smit,...