FSN Bulks Up on Bowls
- FOX SPORTS IN PDA DEAL. Bloom, David // Daily Variety;1/8/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the move of Fox Sports to sell daily video highlights to personal digital assistant users in the U.S. Use of the Web site Lycos.com; Deal with entertainment company Mazingo; Access to copy-protected versions of professional and college football matches.
- Poker Dome Tournament Flush With Color. // Live Design;Apr2007, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p7
The article provides information on the lighting and set design used for the "Poker Dome Challenge" speed-poker tournament, a 43-week television series of poker tournaments aired on the Fox Sports Network (FSN). According to the author, the tournament is treated more like a game show or sports...
- Cable Gets Ready For College Football. UMSTEAD, R, THOMAS; REYNOLDS, MIKE // Multichannel News;8/20/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p16
The article focuses on the corporate move of Big Ten Network relative to the field of covering college football games. The network which is co-owned by Fox Sports and the Big Ten Conference is set to join national cable sports networks ESPN, ESPNU, CSTV, Versus, and FoxSports Net in offering...
- STUDS SLEEPERS STUMBLERS. // Sporting News;12/6/2004, Vol. 228 Issue 49, p63
The article presents information on various football matches, to be telecasted on different television channels. The Fantasy Football Show at 5: 30 p.m. local time Fridays, 10: 30 p.m. local time Saturdays and 10 a.m. ET/7 a.m. PT Sundays on FOX Sports Net Inc.
- Fox exec warns 3-D backers to grab checkbooks. Giardina, Carolyn // Hollywood Reporter;12/3/2008, Vol. 407 Issue 35, p4
The article reports that David Hill, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of Fox Sports Television Group, has announced the broadcasting of college football's Bowl Championship Series in 3-D TV. Hill made the announcement at the 3-D Entertainment Summit meeting that was held in California....
- Murdoch-Maloney play may bounce games to FX. Dempsey, John // Variety;06/23/97, Vol. 367 Issue 8, p3
Reports that Fox Sports Network, the joint venture of Rupert Murdoch and John Malone, plans to bid for broadcast rights to National Football League (NFL) and National Basketball Association (NBA) games. Impact on the network's subscriber base and ratings performance.
- Fox Ponders Less Fall Baseball. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/28/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 50, p9
Reports on the consideration of Fox Sports Television Group to restrict coverage of weekend football games if it continues to broadcast Major League Baseball's (MLB) round of 2005 playoffs. Information on the broadcast-rights package Fox has signed with MLB; Number of games the network plans to...
- Sportsnet scores with cable trio. Richmond, Ray // Variety;05/19/97, Vol. 367 Issue 3, p24
Reports on sports network FoxSports West 2's carriage deals with TCI Television, Charter Communications and Jones Intercable for its Southern California market.
- Programming:. // CableFAX Daily;7/20/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 239, p3
Presents an update on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of July 2006. Tribute to classic cartoon characters to be offered by Boomerang; Documentation of the rebuilding efforts of Habitat for Humanity in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in the Gulf Coast region as part of the season...