Starz Born Again as Movie Producer
- INTO THE PROD'N PEN. Mohr, Ian // Daily Variety;5/19/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 35, p24
The article reports on the plan of IDT Entertainment to create a multimillion-dollar cartoon film entitled "Sheepish" in the U.S. This is in connection with the announcement that John Malone's Liberty Media would acquire the company in a deal. The film is about a wolf who violates the code of...
- LIBERTY TO BUY ANCHOR BAY PARENT IDT. Wagner, Holly J. // Home Media Retailing;5/21/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p8
Reports on the decision of Liberty Media Corp. to buy IDT Entertainment in the U.S. as of May 2006. Percentage of IDT shares owned by Liberty; Companies that are included in the portfolio of parent IDT; Financial impact of the move on programming at Starz Entertainment Group.
- Liberty plugs pic pipeline. Fritz, Ben; Zeitchik, Steven; Mohr, Ian // Daily Variety;5/17/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 33, p1
The article reports that Liberty Media Corp., owned by businessman John Malone, is acquiring IDT Entertainment. Liberty intends to trade its minority stakes in IDT and its telecom subsidiary to wholly acquire the company. The move was seen as a typical strategy of Malone who has been known to...
- In the States:. // CableFAX Daily;5/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 96, p1
Offers news briefs related to the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. Plan by Discovery Networks Inc. to offer TV programming content to iTunes users; Acquisition of IDT Entertainment Co. by Liberty Media Corp.
- MALONE STALKS H'W'D; Liberty ready to ring up IDT purchase. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;8/10/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 27, p3
The article reports that Liberty Media Corp. is set to purchase IDT Entertainment, which owns the animation studio Film Roman Inc., for $200 million. It plans to develop a live-action business and theatrical distribution, and has appointed former Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. vice chairman...
- news: digest. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/25/2006, Vol. 395 Issue 43, p77
The article presents news briefs related to the entertainment industry. Liberty Media Corp. has completed the first stage of its acquisition of the company IDT Entertainment. MyNetworkTV has signed affiliation agreements with several television stations. Jonathan Sehring, president of the...
- Liberty Media bonds Starz, IDT. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/5/2006, Vol. 395 Issue 49, p68
The article presents information about the merger of the company IDT Entertainment with Starz Entertainment Group LLC. IDT Entertainment was recently acquired by Liberty Media Corp. Starz Entertainment is a subsidiary of Liberty Media. The merged company will be responsible for the production...
- LIBERTY MEDIA CEO SAYS OTT VIDEO IS A BETTER MOVE FOR STARZ THAN FOR HBO. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;3/23/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that Stacked Volumetric Optical Disk (SVOD) has more chance succeeding with Starz cable than Home Box Office(HBO) stated by Greg Maffei, chief executive officer of Liberty Media Corp. also included Starz marketing its brand overseas as an over-the-top content OTT video platform.
- Overtures for Starz unit. McClintock, Pamela; McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;4/22/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the plan of Overture Films LLC's parent company Liberty Media Corp. to refinance Starz Media LLC, the production and distribution division within Starz LLC in the U.S.