YouTube sex vexes ABC
- The Horny Dialogues. Miller, William Lee // New Republic;4/21/79, Vol. 180 Issue 16, p11
Explains that academic humanists and American Broadcasting Co. (ABC) television executives evaluated a clip from the television program "Soap" in which a mother and her daughters use the word "horny" to describe their sexual feelings. First-time broadcast on American television; Response of key...
- Untitled. // New Yorker;3/16/1968, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p164
An excerpt from the "Rochester Democrat & Chronicle" related to nudity and sex on screen is presented.
- Sex is all too prevalent in prime-time entertainment television. Bozell III, L. Brent // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/21/98, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p14
Focuses on the prevalence of sex in prime-time television in the United States. Contents of the 68th anniversary issue of the periodical `Hollywood Reporter'; `Suddenly Susan'; `Friends'; `Jesse'; `Spin City.'
- Talking about sex: Common themes about sexuality in the prime-time television programs children... Ward, L. Monique // Journal of Youth & Adolescence;Oct95, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p595
Conducts a content analysis of prime-time television programs most preferred by children and adolescents in the United States to determine the specific content of sexual messages presented on television. Programs as including `Blossom', `Roseanne' `The Simpsons'; Prevalence of sexual content;...
- 40 years ago in `Time' Adams, Kathleen; Catoggio, Nick // Time;8/14/1995, Vol. 146 Issue 7, p23
Reflects on a program called `Count Sheep' when late-night television was still in its infancy.
- PRIME TIME TV PORTRAYALS OF SEX, "SAFE SEX" AND AIDS: A LONGITUDINAL ANALYSIS. Lowry, Dennis T.; Shidler, Jon A. // Journalism Quarterly;
Examines the changes in the numbers and types of sexual behaviors in prime time network television programs. Analysis of probability sample of programs and promotions for a wide variety of sexual behaviors; Substantial decrease in the hourly rates of sexual behaviors in the programs from Fall...
- Sex without consequences. // Wilson Quarterly;Spring92, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p122
Comments on the article `Sex in Primetime Television: 1979 Versus 1989,' by Barry S. Sapolsky and Joseph O. Tabarlet, as discussed in the Fall 1991 issue of `Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media.' Reflection of society's shifting values in television.
- Teenage sex steams up the small screen. Gardner, Marilyn // Christian Science Monitor;2/7/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 51, p15
Focuses on a study released by the Kaiser Family Foundation and their findings about sexual content on entertainment shows in the 1999-2000 television season. The possible implications of this programming for teenagers.
- France faces naked truth. Williams, Michael; Keaton, James // Variety;2/5/96, Vol. 362 Issue 1, p42
Reports on the proliferation of soft- and hard-core porn shows in French television. Sources of the porn products; All-porn satellite service Rendez-Vous Television's request for approval from CSA to be carried on French cable; Effects of CSA's decision on the frequency of broadcast of erotic...