YouTube sex vexes ABC
- The Horny Dialogues. Miller, William Lee // New Republic;4/21/79, Vol. 180 Issue 16, p11
Explains that academic humanists and American Broadcasting Co. (ABC) television executives evaluated a clip from the television program "Soap" in which a mother and her daughters use the word "horny" to describe their sexual feelings. First-time broadcast on American television; Response of key...
- Teenage sex steams up the small screen. Gardner, Marilyn // Christian Science Monitor;2/7/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 51, p15
Focuses on a study released by the Kaiser Family Foundation and their findings about sexual content on entertainment shows in the 1999-2000 television season. The possible implications of this programming for teenagers.
- Untitled. // New Yorker;3/16/1968, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p164
An excerpt from the "Rochester Democrat & Chronicle" related to nudity and sex on screen is presented.
- Sex is all too prevalent in prime-time entertainment television. Bozell III, L. Brent // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/21/98, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p14
Focuses on the prevalence of sex in prime-time television in the United States. Contents of the 68th anniversary issue of the periodical `Hollywood Reporter'; `Suddenly Susan'; `Friends'; `Jesse'; `Spin City.'
- So-called `family TV hour' pretty racy, Kaiser study finds. // Media Report to Women;Winter97, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the `Sex, Kids and the Family Hour' report which found that three out of four shows on American network television during the family hour contain sexual behavior or verbal references to sex. Examples of programs aired 8-9 p.m. time slot; Percentage of sexual interactions that...
- Talking about sex: Common themes about sexuality in the prime-time television programs children... Ward, L. Monique // Journal of Youth & Adolescence;Oct95, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p595
Conducts a content analysis of prime-time television programs most preferred by children and adolescents in the United States to determine the specific content of sexual messages presented on television. Programs as including `Blossom', `Roseanne' `The Simpsons'; Prevalence of sexual content;...
- 40 years ago in `Time' Adams, Kathleen; Catoggio, Nick // Time;8/14/1995, Vol. 146 Issue 7, p23
Reflects on a program called `Count Sheep' when late-night television was still in its infancy.
- A year as pure as the driven snow. Hamilton, Kendall // Newsweek;1/10/1994, Vol. 123 Issue 2, p41
Surveys some emphases on chastity on television and in real life. Unsullied attorney Jane Halliday on `L.A. Law'; `Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman,' starring Jane Seymour; A.C. Green of the Phoenix Suns who with David Robinson, Barry Sanders and Darrell Green founded Athletes for Abstinence; More.
- Sex on TV. // Shape;May95, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p18
Reports that 40 percent of the sexual behavior displayed on television would constitute sexual harassment in real life.