YouTube sex vexes ABC
- The Horny Dialogues. Miller, William Lee // New Republic;4/21/79, Vol. 180 Issue 16, p11
Explains that academic humanists and American Broadcasting Co. (ABC) television executives evaluated a clip from the television program "Soap" in which a mother and her daughters use the word "horny" to describe their sexual feelings. First-time broadcast on American television; Response of key...
- Teenage sex steams up the small screen. Gardner, Marilyn // Christian Science Monitor;2/7/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 51, p15
Focuses on a study released by the Kaiser Family Foundation and their findings about sexual content on entertainment shows in the 1999-2000 television season. The possible implications of this programming for teenagers.
- Untitled. // New Yorker;3/16/1968, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p164
An excerpt from the "Rochester Democrat & Chronicle" related to nudity and sex on screen is presented.
- Sex is all too prevalent in prime-time entertainment television. Bozell III, L. Brent // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/21/98, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p14
Focuses on the prevalence of sex in prime-time television in the United States. Contents of the 68th anniversary issue of the periodical `Hollywood Reporter'; `Suddenly Susan'; `Friends'; `Jesse'; `Spin City.'
- Survey: Too much TV sex. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;12/16/96-12/23/96, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p79
Presents the findings of a study which concluded that three out of four television programs broadcast during the family hour in the United States contained sexual content. Description of methodology used in the study; Impact of television sex on children; Identification of television programs...
- So-called `family TV hour' pretty racy, Kaiser study finds. // Media Report to Women;Winter97, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the `Sex, Kids and the Family Hour' report which found that three out of four shows on American network television during the family hour contain sexual behavior or verbal references to sex. Examples of programs aired 8-9 p.m. time slot; Percentage of sexual interactions that...
- Talking about sex: Common themes about sexuality in the prime-time television programs children... Ward, L. Monique // Journal of Youth & Adolescence;Oct95, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p595
Conducts a content analysis of prime-time television programs most preferred by children and adolescents in the United States to determine the specific content of sexual messages presented on television. Programs as including `Blossom', `Roseanne' `The Simpsons'; Prevalence of sexual content;...
- France faces naked truth. Williams, Michael; Keaton, James // Variety;2/5/96, Vol. 362 Issue 1, p42
Reports on the proliferation of soft- and hard-core porn shows in French television. Sources of the porn products; All-porn satellite service Rendez-Vous Television's request for approval from CSA to be carried on French cable; Effects of CSA's decision on the frequency of broadcast of erotic...
- 40 years ago in `Time' Adams, Kathleen; Catoggio, Nick // Time;8/14/1995, Vol. 146 Issue 7, p23
Reflects on a program called `Count Sheep' when late-night television was still in its infancy.