Prolonging Battery Life And Unburdening Networks
- Lucent chip doubles memory. // RCR;03/09/98, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p28
Reports on the introduction of an integrated chip for cellular phones from Lucent Technologies Incorporated's Microelectronics Group. Features of the chip; Name of the chip.
- Lucent builds chip with audio technology designed for airlines. Hammer, Dianne // RCR;02/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p20
Introduces Lucent Technologies Inc.'s code division multiple access chip for cellular telephones. Technology from SRS Labs Inc. used in the chip; Companies which purchased the chip; Key specifications; Ease of deployment in cellular phones.
- Lucent unveils DSP for hands-free calling. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;01/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the introduction of a digital signal processor-based chipset optimized for the hands-free cellular environment in automobiles by Lucent Technologies Inc.'s Microelectronics Group. Key features of the chipset; Plans of Motorola Inc.'s Telematics Communications Group to use the chipset...
- Suppliers prepare for Indian cellular contracts. Long, Geoff // Telecom Asia;Jan96, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p15
Presents an analysis of the cellular telephone equipment industry in India. Deregulation of the market; International companies involved as including Nokia, Ericsson and Alcatel; Expansion of local companies in light of the deregulation.
- Plans to build cellular towers irk some, make others rich. Rozen, Laura Kay // Christian Science Monitor;7/22/97, Vol. 89 Issue 165, p3
Reports on the controversy over cellular phone transmission towers. Concerns about what the towers will do to skylines and property values; The willingness of cellular phone companies to work with the surrounding environment; Examples of compromises between towns and the companies; Interesting...
- Essential luxuries. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);3/17/97, Issue 11, pTD8
Looks at four pocket-sized cellular telephones. Nokia's 2160 and 9000 models; Ericsson's AF738; AT&T's PocketNet; Features; Prices.
- What is the longest-lived battery I can get for a cell phone? Lowenstein, Mark // Time International (South Pacific Edition);3/17/97, Issue 11, pTD18
States that a four hour lithium-ion battery is the longest-lasting battery one can get for a cellular phone, as of March 1997.
- Cellular. // Communications News;Aug96, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p60
Features Uplink, a powered amplifier that boosts cellular phone's transmit signal and prevents dropped connections.
- Mobile phone annunciator. Jeno, Curt // Popular Electronics;Dec97, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p49
Provides information on how to build a Mobile Phone Annunciator, a device designed to eliminate the problem of loud noise in mobile telephone; Circuit description; Construction of circuit board; Parts list for the mobile phone annunciator.