Looking Beyond The Americas
- Branded: TDMA-EDGE. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;03/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p1
Discusses the rebranding of the technology, services and product launched by Universal Wireless Communications Consortium (UWCC) at Wireless 2000 exhibition in New Orleans, Louisiana. Reason for launching the name change; Change in the identity of North American GSM Alliance; Interoperability...
- GSM, TDMA Players Forge Stronger Roaming Ties. Felps, Bruce // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p36
Discusses the agreement between the North American GSM Alliance and Universal Wireless Communications Consortium (UWCC) that could open international roaming for subscribers to GSM and Time Division Multiple Access systems. Memorandum signed by the groups that lay down guidelines for joint...
- Sharing the wealth. MEYERS, JASON; Hanley, Michael // Telephony;03/01/99, Vol. 236 Issue 9, p46
Reports on an interoperability agreement between North American GSM Alliance and the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium, backers of GSM and time division multiple access (TDMA). Remarks from Bob Stapleton, president of the North American GSM Alliance; Information on the International...
- 3G Standards: Unfounded Claims? Brown, Robert L. // America's Network;07/15/99, Vol. 103 Issue 11, p6
Deals with the response of the North American GSM Alliance LLC to an article of Alan Pearce on global system for mobile (GSM) communications. Depiction by Pearce of the third-generation wireless standard; Benefits provided by Canadian and United States GSM operators; Response of Alan Pearce.
- GSM Allies Seek Global Branding. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;10/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 43, p1
Focuses on the initiative of the North American GSM Alliance to increase customers' awareness on global system for mobile (GSM) devices. Number of GSM subscribers worldwide; Combined numbers of GSM subscribers in Canada and the United States; Purpose of the logo introduced by the alliance.
- UWCC, GSM Alliance team. O'Keefe, Susan // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec98, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p22
Focuses on an alliance between Universal Wireless Communications Consortium (UWCC) and the North American GSM Alliance. Support of move to combine multiple code division multiple access-based standards for third-generation wireless; Areas of concern for the UWCC and the GSM Alliance.
- GSM, TDMA alliances team. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;09/28/98, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the collaboration between the North American GSM Alliance LLC and the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium (UWCC) company, to discuss next-generation technology and to provide a unified lobbying force on Capitol Hill. Comments from UWCC Chairman, Gregory Williams; Information...
- GAIT to open GSM-TDMA door. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;5/14/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the efforts to advance GAIT--GSM ANSI Interoperability Team,a network standard which unite global system for mobile communication and time-division multiple access technologies. How the technology operates; Manufacturers involved in the project;Benefits of GAIT.
- TDMA-based technologies to maintain presence. Pearson, Chris // Global Wireless;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p16
Presents a forecast on the market of time division multiple access (TDMA) technology after 2001. Decision of TDMA operators to switch to Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution and Universal Mobile Telecommunications Service standards; Increase in the number of subscribers of Worldwide TDMA;...