Advertisers Target Wireless Phones
- WILL ADS ON THE MOBILE DELIVER? Madden, Normandy; Osborne, Magz // Ad Age Global;Dec2000, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p42
Features the Spotcast Communications software company founded by Craig and Marc Owensby in Hong Kong, China in December 2000. Features of the company's mobile advertising delivery system; Offices of the company in London, England and Hong Kong, China; Plan to diversify Spotcast's services.
- Endure An Ad, Make A Free Call. Chetham, Andrew // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p28
Introduces Peoples company's mSpot mobile service in Hong Kong, China, which offers free airtime in return for listening to advertisements. Contribution of Spotcast Communication Inc. to the service; International attention received by mSpot.
- Mobile phone company Spotcast seeks agency. // Marketing Week;4/6/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p15
Reports that British mobile phone company Spotcast Communications is looking for a media agency to handle a pan-European account. Offer of free calls to mobile phone users in return for listening to advertisements; Plan to launch an advertising-sponsored information service.
- Retailers Step Up 2.4GHz Ads, Scale Back Cordless Efforts. Scoblete, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/3/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p46
Reports on the advertisement of cordless phones by retailers in Niagara Falls, New York. Statistics on the advertising frequency of phones; Emphasis on Panasonic as the most advertised brand; Information on the amount of price drops.
- Young switch off to marketing via text messaging. // Marketing (00253650);11/29/2001, p5
Examines the reaction of mobile phone users on unsolicited text messages sent by companies in Great Britain. Comparison on the extent of annoyance between the youths and the older generation; Difference on the number of unsolicited messages received between Scottish and English consumers.
- Beyond Interactive to Deploy WAP-Enabled Ads. Mack, Ann M. // MediaWeek;06/12/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p47
Reports on the deployment of interactive advertisements for WAP-enabled mobile phones by interactive advertising agency Beyond Interactive. WAP site network and advertising server to be used for the deployment; Role of the booming market of mobile online users in the move of Beyond Interactive;...
- AirTouch Aims at Latinos. Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;08/23/99, Vol. 40 Issue 32, p8
Addresses the advertising campaign of wireless telephone carrier AirTouch Cellular. Target market; Agency which created the campaign; Features of its store in Santa Ana, California.
- Samsung rockets with new Jet. Wood, Richard // Media Week;8/11/2009, Issue 1220, p14
The article examines the brand impression score generated by the television campaign "Impatience is a Virtue," for the Samsung Jet mobile phone. According to the article, the campaign suggests that Samsung created the Jet in response to users becoming impatient with waiting for their mobiles....
- Manufacturers Boost 2.4GHz, 5.8GHz Advertising. Scoblete, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/8/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p44
Presents statistical data on retail print advertising by mobile phone manufacturers, based on 2003 survey by Beyen International Market Research. Increase in the total retail print advertising; Decline in the advertised price of 2.4 gigahertz phones; Advertising frequency of phone...