AT&T, BT Buy Into Rogers Cantel
- AT&T, BT progress on Cantel deal. // RCR;08/23/99, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p30
Reports on the joint purchase of 33.3 percent of shares at Canadian telecommunications firm Rogers Cantel Mobile Communications Inc. by AT&T Corp. and British Telecommunications PLC.
- BT, AT&T go globetrotting again. // Telephony;08/09/99, Vol. 237 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the acquisition of equity stake in Rogers Cantel Mobile by British Telecom and AT&T. Remarks from John Zeglis, president of AT&T about the partnership; Implication of the acquisition. INSET: Crosstalk.
- AT&T and northern Canadian neighbor Cantel announce alliance. Pate, Kelly // RCR;11/18/96, Vol. 15 Issue 46, p21
Reports that Rogers Cantel Mobile Communications Incorporated and American Telephone and Telegraph Company announced an agreement which licenses Cantel to use the AT&T brand name. Other terms of the agreement; Reference to the partnership involving no equity; Other services to be shared by the...
- DCR raises debt rating for Rogers Cantel. // RCR;09/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p62
Reports that Rogers Cantel Inc.'s senior secured debt rating and the rating of its subordinated public debt was raised by Duff & Phelps Credit Rating Co. Financial and strategic benefits of the joint equity investment made by AT&T Corp. and British Telecommunications PLC in Cantel's parent,...
- AT&T paying high price to dominate wireless field. Young, Shawn // Hudson Valley Business Journal;06/21/99-06/28/99, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on AT&T Corp.'s pursuit of an acquisition-driven expansion in the wireless communications field. Rise in the company's wireless revenue in the first quarter of 1999, despite the deterioration of service in the New York market; Cause of the company's shrinking profit margins in the...
- Ericsson, Cantel team on wireless office systems. // RCR;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p19
Cites the agreement of Ericsson Canada Inc. and Rogers Cantel Inc. to promote and sell wireless office systems and solutions. Terms of the agreement.
- Telecom battle. Reed, Arthur // Air Transport World;Jun99, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p46
Predicts the impact of the merger of the British Telecom (BT) and AT&T if completed, on the traditional position of SITA as premier provider of communications for airline industry. Information on the planned joint company; Impact of the deregulation on airline companies like BT; Comments from...
- BT, AT&T to pay $937m for Rogers Cantel Mobile stake. // RCR;08/09/99, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p21
Announces that British Telecommunications (BT) and AT&T are jointly buying a 33-percent stake in Canadian operator Rogers Cantel Mobile Communications. BT's acquisition of a nine-percent stake in AT&T Canada; Resulting bundling and joint marketing of fixed and mobile services as well as...
- Talk Gets Cheaper. Rykken, Rolf // Export Today;Sep98, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p36
Examines the telecom industry in Europe. Reference to an announcement by the AT and T company, regarding its alliance with British Telecom company; Increasing competition in Europe's telecom industry; Information on the company RSL COM Europe; Statements from Jan Scheers, partner in the...