Yankee Group Pricing Model Undergoing Change
- WESTERN EUROPE: HANDSET SALES BY FUNCTION. // RCR Wireless News;6/21/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p22
Presents a graph of handset sales by function in Western Europe from 2002 to 2008, according to a study by the Yankee Group. Expected popularity of smart phones according to the study; Components of featurephones.
- COMMUNICATION STILL TOP MOBILE PRIORITY. REEDY, SARAH // Telephony;6/16/2008, p8
The article discusses usage of mobile phone services. It is reported that despite many other functions like multimedia-gaming and video-centric mobile services communication still remains top priority of mobile phones. According to Jill Aldort, an analyst for Yankee Group Inc., carriers are...
- No sms until you walk the dog. Gubbins, Ed // Wireless Review;May2004, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p10
Deals with Mobile Guardian, a new service from Boston Communications Group Inc. that gives parents more control of their kids' cellular telephone use. Statement issued by Tom Erskine, Boston Communications' vice president of product development; Percentage of kids under 18 who own a cell phone...
- Wireless Revenue to Reach $584B by 2007, Report Says. // Electronic News;6/30/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 26, pN.PAG
Announces the amount of the possible increase in the global wireless communication user based by 2007. Findings of a study conducted by market research firm The Yankee Group concerning global cellular communication revenue; Increase in demand for General Packet Radio Service.
- Tapping teens. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;6/4/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p34
Focuses on a study conducted by the Yankee Group regarding the market potential of the teen segment for the wireless business in the United States in 2001. Opportunities offered by the teen market for carriers; Information on the 1999 mobile user survey by the Yankee Group; Projected growth of...
- Experts say mobile phone market strong. Renstrom, Roger // Plastics News;1/12/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p10
While market analysts generally foresee a strong 2004 for phones, changes in the mobile phone market are placing pressures on the growing supply chain, according to John Jackson, an analyst with Yankee Group Inc.'s wireless and mobile technologies unit. Advanced phones known as smart phones...
- Global mobile web services are a Â£32bn untapped market. // New Media Age;11/22/2007, p15
The article reports that global mobile Internet services are an uptapped market that should already be worth more than $66 billion or Â£32 billion a year. According to technology firm the Yankee Group, mobile service providers could achieve a 600% increase in global consumer services, which is...
- Can you hear me now? . . . Not my kids. McNamara, Paul // Network World;1/30/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p58
This article describes a report written by Yankee Group analyst Marina Amoroso in which she forecasts that children aged 8 to 12 comprise an underpenetrated market for wireless cellular mobile communications services in the U.S. Almost one eight-year-old out of every ten is consuming call...
- Price Per Minute In Major Cities. // Wireless Week;01/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p18
Deals with the airtime pricing model of telecommunications company Yankee Group. Updated model presented by `Wireless Week'; Graph on basic service plan comparison; Actual use model.
- Price Per Minute In Major Cities. // Wireless Week;09/04/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 36, p34
Provides a graph comparing basic service plans offered by telecommunication carriers in Detroit, Michigan, according to Yankee Group Incorporated.