Fingerprinting In Montana
- Briefly. // Telephony;09/25/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 13, p80
Presents update on the wireless sector of the telecommunications industry of the United States as of September 25, 2000. Strategic business alliance between Hewlett-Packard and U.S. Wireless; Personal communications system service launched by VoiceStream Wireless in New York and New Jersey.
- Looking for Trouble. Miletic, Rich // Wireless Review;01/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p52
Offers a look at the drive-testing activities of wireless-network companies to identify network problems. Equipment used for data gathering; Productivity of network engineers and technicians; Solution attributes.
- Testing: From Antenna to Telco. Loberg, Chris; Walker, Joe // Wireless Review;11/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p52
Offers suggestions on testing and monitoring wireless data communication networks. What increases the complexity of testing and trouble shooting; Factors that prevent revenue-generating calls; Advantage of using protocol analyzer. INSET: Vendors look ahead to 3G.
- South Korea: Wireless testbed. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p29
Reports on the popularity of South Korea as experimentation ground for technologies in wireless communications. Potential benefits of third-generation technology; Reasons behind the country's popularity in wireless technology experiments; Stance taken by the government on business proposals...
- Patented Remote Tracking. // Wireless Week;04/02/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p26
Reports on the patent received by U.S. Wireless Corp. for its location pattern matching technology, which tracks the location of code division multiple access devices. Details on the patent; Advantages of using the technology.
- Testing above 1 GHz. Quinnell, Richard A. // Test & Measurement World;Sep2004, Vol. 24 Issue 8, pE1
Focuses on the testing of wireless communications systems, including networking and domestic telephones, that are above one gigahertz in the U.S. Problems of regulatory bodies in defining requirements and test procedures to cover higher frequencies; Typical practice for measuring emissions.
- Wireless Seeks To Close Digital Divide. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the service trial in Houma, Louisiana, by BellSouth Corp. to test the potential role of wireless technology in telecommunication. Benefits of wireless Internet access; Support needed by wireless technology; Technical and economic factors that will be assessed in the testing.
- Smart Shopping. Miceli, Andrew // Wireless Review;03/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p50
Offers advice to wireless communication carriers on purchasing test-equipment and infrastructure in trade shows. Qualities carriers should look for in a test-equipment; Things carriers must consider in making infrastructure purchases; Backhaul upgrades.
- Crime Fighters Test Mobile Data. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;08/23/99, Vol. 5 Issue 34, p16
Offers information on the pilot program in the Memphis, Tennessee police department testing a wireless-data application called CyberFORCE. Benefits of the application of the technology to law enforcement; Reason for the selection of Memphis for the pilot program; How the program was undertaken.