Antennas: The Art Of Concealment
- New antenna technology. Markley, Don // Broadcast Engineering;Feb97, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p104
Reports on the real problem for transmitting antennas by trying to combine the NTSC signal and the DTV signal into common antenna especially on the adjacent channels. Making an antenna flat over 12MHz to accommodate the NTSC and DTV signals; Requirement to radiate the two adjacent channels...
- A miniature broadband antenna. Salvati, M.J. // Electronic Design;10/24/96 Supplement Design, Vol. 44 Issue 22, p22
Features the electronic circuit design for a broadband receiving antenna. Operating principles; Functions and capabilities; Schematic diagram; Integrated circuits used; Suggestions.
- A simple antenna for 800 MHz. Williams, James A. // Popular Electronics;Nov95, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p60
Describes how to build a quarter-wave ground-plane antenna to hear the 800-megahertz band. Quarter-wave ground plane; Building an antenna; Applications; Parts list.
- High-frequency loop antenna. Salvati, M.J. // Electronic Design;7/22/96, Vol. 44 Issue 15, p112
Presents instructions on how to design and construct a high-frequency loop antenna. Circuit description; Gate damages; Static charge concerns; Voltage gain.
- Antenna performance for near-vertical-incidence skywave communications. Farmer, Edward // Army Communicator;Summer96, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p10
Presents a detailed look at the theoretical and practical aspects of various near-vehicle-incidence skywave (NVIS) antenna designs. Antenna performance; Practical considerations; Benchmarks and compromises; Radio deployment; Frequency agility; Ruggedness; Balanced versus unbalanced antennas;...
- A funny little antenna. Carr, Joseph J. // Popular Electronics;Dec94, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p80
Provides information on the Directional Discontinuity Ring Radiator (DDRR), a popular form of small transmitting loop antenna. Description; Tips for easy bending of antenna; Base of the antenna; Ceramic radio frequency insulators; Dimensions for common ham bands from seven to 24 MHz.
- Technology bulletin. Toupin, Laurie Ann; Toupin, Laurrie Ann // Design News;1/18/99, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p16
Presents news briefs on design engineering. Functions of the neural switch developed by Raytheon Systems and the University of Texas at Dallas; Discovery of a way to build self-adjusting antennas; How the scientists at Bell Laboratories in Murray Hill, New Jersey, demonstrated the first...
- Antenna design contest. Hender, Thomas // Tech Directions;Dec95, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p41
Presents an activity on antenna design and construction. Antenna design contest; Measuring the antenna performance; Using of computer software to design the antenna; Determining the antenna range before competition; Equipment used.
- Hanging loop antennas. Carr, Joseph J. // Popular Electronics;Jul97, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p71
Provides information on the construction of hanging loop antennas. Materials used for making a hanging loop antenna; Basic concept for the construction of hanging loop antenna; Constructing a hanging loop antenna using more than one antenna; Purpose of coaxial switch for constructing loop antenna.