- Canadian Pepaid Sales Boffo, With Bonzo. Careless, James // Wireless Week;09/27/99, Vol. 5 Issue 39, p56
Reports on the advertising launched by Rogers Cantel company for its prepaid wireless communication service. Estimated number of its prepaid customers; Growth of the company's prepaid service; Competitors of the company.
- Rogers arm makes wireless bid. // Multichannel News;11/01/99, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p40
Reports that cable television company Rogers Cablesystems' Rogers Cantel unit is applying for multipoint-communications systems licenses in Canada.
- AGCS, Rogers to market office system. // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p44
Reports on AG Communication Systems' completion of an agreement it signed with Rogers Cantel Inc. to jointly market wireless office telephone systems based on Time Division Multiple Access technology.
- Canada Resale Deal Benefits Shaw. Careless, James // Wireless Week;11/29/99, Vol. 5 Issue 48, p16
Reports on a two-part deal between Shaw Communications and Rogers Cantel. Information on Shaw's sale of its paging division to Rogers; Acquisition of rights to Rogers' cellular, personal communication system and paging services by Shaw; Remarks from Michael Sone, president of the analysis...
- Rogers Cantel expands, reduces calling rates. // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p93
Announces Rogers Cantel Inc.'s expansion and strengthening of its distribution and presence across Canada through several transactions. Introduction of international calling rates for its Cantel AT&T Pay As You Go Service; Addition of 100,000 Amway representatives to its distribution network;...
- Paging/Messaging. // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p38
Presents news briefs about the paging and messaging industry as of November 15, 1999. Acquisition of the Shaw Paging business of Shaw Mobilecomm Inc. by Rogers Cantel Inc.; Availability of versions of Yahoo! Messenger software for devices based on Palm Computing, Macintosh or WinCE platforms.
- Rogers Cantel cuts fraud. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p47
Discloses the satisfaction of Rogers Cantel of Canada over the performance of the FraudBuster product from Lightbridge Inc. Reduction in cloning and subscription fraud from Richard Reid, director of fraud security; Features of FraudBuster.
- AT&T, BT progress on Cantel deal. // RCR;08/23/99, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p30
Reports on the joint purchase of 33.3 percent of shares at Canadian telecommunications firm Rogers Cantel Mobile Communications Inc. by AT&T Corp. and British Telecommunications PLC.
- BT, AT&T go globetrotting again. // Telephony;08/09/99, Vol. 237 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the acquisition of equity stake in Rogers Cantel Mobile by British Telecom and AT&T. Remarks from John Zeglis, president of AT&T about the partnership; Implication of the acquisition. INSET: Crosstalk.