Operators Score In Legal Battle Over 3G Bidding Process
- Split standard. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;10/16/99, Vol. 164 Issue 2208, p20
Focuses on how British telephone networks Orange and One 2 One plan to adopt rival standards to boost wireless modem speeds. The launching of a High Speed Circuit Switched Data service that combines two or more channels.
- One 2 One selects Phone.com server. // RCR;08/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p27
Reports on telecommunication firm One 2 One's choice of Phone.com Inc.'s UP.Link Server Suite to launch wireless application provider-based wireless Internet services in Great Britain.
- Blowing in the Wind. Golden, Paul // Global Telephony;Sep99, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the wind-powered global system for mobile communications base station of Great Britain cellular operator One 2 One. All-weather wind turbine power source; Blade feathering device for constant speed; Inverted power supply.
- Mobile operators gear up for boom. // Marketing Week;9/9/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p6
Reports on the expected rise in mobile phone sales in Great Britain during Christmas 1999. Sales forecasts by One 2 One, Vodafone and Orange.
- Orange wirefree telemetry unit system. // Electronics Weekly;1/29/2003, Issue 2084, p6
Reports on the commercial launch of M2M Connect, a complete wirefree telemetry platform from the business systems division of wireless operator Orange. Key features of M2M Connect.
- Orange makes acquisitions as part of Internet strategy. // RCR;07/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p35
Outlines British wireless operator Orange PLC's wireless Internet strategy, called OrangeWorld designed to provide wirefree communications beyond two-dimensional voice and data.
- AS SIMPLE AS ONE - TWO - 3G. Benady, David // Marketing Week;9/12/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p26
Reports the claims of Orange of having an answer to market challenges in mobile phone in Great Britain. Amount spent by mobile industry in securing licenses to run third-generation mobile phone services; Simplification of pricing to overcome market inertia Introduction of Orange of single...
- Snook Getting Jazzed Over New Paradigm. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;07/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 30, p19
Reports on the wireless communication vision of Hans Snook, chief executive officer of Orange PLC with a set of acquisitions and a venture capital fund. Forecast for the revenue model of the company; Wireless penetration in Britain; Concept of OrangeWorld.
- One 2 One extends roaming, a key for U.K. competition. // RCR;09/01/97, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p54
Reports on the additional roaming agreements announced by One 2 One, a personal communications network operator in the United Kingdom. How these agreements impact on the company's customers; Reference to the introduction of roaming services in several European countries; Which companies hold...